Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
So thought I'd pick up my form from the Dr , Mrs 73 then gives me list of things she needs for her work snap. So off to town via the Dr's, only to find at Poundland the card machines are not working. Not all bad it's turned into a lovely sunny day so basically ended up doing a nice circular walk.
You're not blaming me for that one!
Made to use the self scan at the one local to me yesterday, and they all stopped working.
Not enough staff to run all four tills.

tom73

Guru
You're not blaming me for that one!
Made to use the self scan at the one local to me yesterday, and they all stopped working.
Not enough staff to run all four tills.

Ours don't have any self service till. High time they did as most of the till never get used as it is.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ours don't have any self service till. High time they did as most of the till never get used as it is.
Don't like the principle behind self-service, as it's being used now. Fewer staff needed, meaning you're now an unpaid staff member*.
Should any store go all self-service, what happens when, like yesterday, they all go down at the same time?
Training staff up on the job is impossible, and any transactions partway through can't be voided. Nor can they guarantee you'll not be charged for one that didn't go through.

*I'd expect a discount for doing store work, but that's one early promise that's never been delivered on.

had a dinner party. we were nervous about all the activity w/ the new kitten. after not long we decided to lock her in one of our bedrooms, which happens to have a separate litter box, water, some kibble / crunchies, comfy bed & a window perch. after dinner, before dessert, we let her out. big mistake. she wound up w/ a single claw in a guest's fancy slacks & there ya go, fancy pants aren't so fancy anymore. anyway Wifey later texted an offer for $$ but we haven't heard back *sigh* little Rosey, you rascal! :blink:

Hmmm, if you go somewhere where there are resident companion animals, you have to accept that you may get claws in your clothes / dribbled on, shed hair over etc. It's their house, and not the guest's house. That's my view anyway.

Had pasta with a lovely spicy sausage ragu for supper.

Now chilling in bed and supping a :cuppa:

Top Bottom