Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Swmbo asked me last night do we still have the old pet carrier?
Yes I replied it's in the garage do you want me to get it out?
No not yet but why didn't we donate it to the cats protection along with all the other cat stuff when are old boy went to heaven, no Idea I said probably for the same reason we have a carry cot in the loft even though our youngest grandchild is 9 going on 49

They were just discussing whether over 75's should be banned from driving on GMB TV just now. One of their comments was that perhaps a re test should be taken. One thing they came up with were statistics about the number of drivers of a certain age were killed in accidents. What I want to know is how many of those killed were responsible for the accident or a result of it. It's easy to lump a load of numbers together and say that a certain age group are more likely to have an accident by not looking at each case.
My gripe about a re test is the stupid ideas they seem to have. My son's FIL failed his test as a driving instructor for using his indicator too much! WTF! Sorry but that makes my blood boil! I have been half way across a road many times when a vehicle which hasn't indicated just turns into the road. What harm does it do to use it too much? Does it blind people ? Drain your battery? It is a safety thing in case you haven't seen someone who may be affected by your next move.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
They were just discussing whether over 75's should be banned from driving on GMB TV just now. One of their comments was that perhaps a re test should be taken. One thing they came up with were statistics about the number of drivers of a certain age were killed in accidents. What I want to know is how many of those killed were responsible for the accident or a result of it. It's easy to lump a load of numbers together and say that a certain age group are more likely to have an accident by not looking at each case.
My gripe about a re test is the stupid ideas they seem to have. My son's FIL failed his test as a driving instructor for using his indicator too much! WTF! Sorry but that makes my blood boil! I have been half way across a road many times when a vehicle which hasn't indicated just turns into the road. What harm does it do to use it too much? Does it blind people ? Drain your battery? It is a safety thing in case you haven't seen someone who may be affected by your next move.

Being well over 75 I can only agree.
Re the indicators I often use mine when nobody can be seen but are probably just coming round a blind corner of which we have lots here. Saves misunderstandings.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Bright morning and not a cloud to be seen. The sun appeared over the hills at 0745 just as the fish farm boys were heading straight out through the diorlinn.
Should really get the trike out but I think there are too many other things to attend to as I hope to be off tomorrow.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My phone is optimising apps, apparently.

@Reynard GWS and @Andy in Germany good luck with your first day in the new job.

tom73

Guru
Walk to the gym was damp but ok and walk back a little more damp but still ok. A quick turn around and off to town again walk was a bit wet, coming home the rain really got going not helped by getting wet though twice by passing cars. Who if thy slowed down a little would have been fine. Once home time to get dry and changed, hopefully the rain dies down again later as Mrs 73 has left a list of stuff she needs getting.

Top Bottom