Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
At Derby to race in anti-clockwise ovals. There's what may be a ringer in my group; they lapped me multiple times in the warm-up! We've a world champion here this evening as well!!

PXL_20241001_175617145.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
A stressful day here as I got bombarded with phone calls and emails from my solicitor while I was trying to work. If I email him, it could days or a week waiting for a response but he wants responses immediately it seems. I have a video call with him and my barrister tomorrow morning to go through it all yet again. I will be so pleased when this is all over. I just don't cope well with stress and this has been three years of headaches and sleepless nights.
It's been a lovely day here for a change, I should have gone for a ride after work but just couldn't motivate myself.

classic33

Leg End Member
A stressful day here as I got bombarded with phone calls and emails from my solicitor while I was trying to work. If I email him, it could days or a week waiting for a response but he wants responses immediately it seems. I have a video call with him and my barrister tomorrow morning to go through it all yet again. I will be so pleased when this is all over. I just don't cope well with stress and this has been three years of headaches and sleepless nights.
It's been a lovely day here for a change, I should have gone for a ride after work but just couldn't motivate myself.
I got the feeling that the other side, ably helped by my own solicitors, wanted me to accept the first offer they made. Both somewhat surprised when was turned down.
Moved the paperwork, and casework, elsewhere when they started agreeing with the drivers insurance.

You've got this far, the end is in sight, don't give up.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A miserably dull and very wet end to the afternoon - I had the kitchen lights on at 4pm and that's the west-north-west facing part of the house.

Looking at the rain radar this morning and trying to work out how long I had until it arrived, I decided to go out and get the shopping in a bit too much of a hurry. When I went to lock up my bike, I found I'd forgotten to put the D-lock in my backpack so had to go home to collect it and then back out again. There was still time when I'd finished and put the shopping away for a quick 10 mile loop to get my CycleChat 50k challenge ride for October completed. With the strength of the wind I think I earned the salted caramel iced bun which was this month's freebie from Lidl.

What sweets?

I ended up plumping for liquorice allsorts and rolos.

The main thing was working out whether this was the right timespan for the "one last rolo" advert. Which it is.

The one thing that's bugging me is that I can't work out whether liquorice allsorts came in plastic packets, loose in small cardboard boxes or in a cellophane wrapper inside a cardboard box. Mainly because I don't like them and hence never bought them back in the day.

classic33

Leg End Member
I ended up plumping for liquorice allsorts and rolos.

The main thing was working out whether this was the right timespan for the "one last rolo" advert. Which it is.

The one thing that's bugging me is that I can't work out whether liquorice allsorts came in plastic packets, loose in small cardboard boxes or in a cellophane wrapper inside a cardboard box. Mainly because I don't like them and hence never bought them back in the day.
They were sold in boxes, with a separate plastic liner. They were also sold in bags, depending on how much you were buying.

Some shops sold them loose, serving them out of large wholesale boxes.

Top Bottom