Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My alarm is set for 02:50 for the next two days 😢

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cloudy cold morning changed to sunny afternoon but no got further than the front gate to get bins inside.
Had to call a couple of call centres but the usual difficulty is that while they speak English their accents are difficult to understand and they have to repeat most things they say before it is understood.

Talking of bins reminds me I took a photo to illustrate the problem with the holiday house.
This is a neighbours car and the holiday house bins as they have been all day. The car is not on the carraigeway but a side strip gifted to the council years ago for car parking and well before the offending house was built.

9F890A7A-980B-4B7A-B699-C864EA5EBD67.png

Ripple

Veteran
Phone call to GP's surgery regarding my medication.
Receptionist: please use our online form for your enquiry.
Answer after I used it: this form is not for clinical requirements, please call the surgery.

What. The. F....
Well, at least my other meds were approved. Finally.
Medication in question is Amlodipine because it causes me hard-to-cope-with side effects and I want to stop taking it.

Gwylan

Veteran
I'm on M25 - it'll be Christmas before I get home.

Is WAZE bust? No hint not a word!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Didn't get round to the walk into town today - for no apparent reason I had a desire for bacon rolls for tea so went out on the bike in the other direction to get the ingredients. May do it on Friday and combine it with getting some cheap rolls and filling from Morrisons for away food at Snetterton over the weekend.

This little corner of Suffolk appears to have missed all the heavy rain elsewhere (bar a couple of light sprinkles) but the wind has really picked up over the past hour.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
OK this could be trouble - the main CoOp in Felixstowe town centre is being sold or tranferred and will become a Sainsburys. No doubt this will mean cheaper food (CoOp known for making Waitrose seem like Aldi for prices) but it's the only place where I know I can get a Warburtons Super Toastie loaf (doorstep sized slices) and my favourite sausages (Craskes Original Norfolk - may be an own brand).

Top Bottom