Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Didn't realise I was short on milk so used this as an excuse to go out for a decent ride in the sunshine once it appeared. Now having a coffee break at home and wondering if it's worth battling the school run for a slow loop into Felixstowe while the weather holds.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Hot sunny day with no wind but indoors I feel old and cold.
Remarked the other day that somebody who died was younger than me and got the retort “ everybody is younger than you”.
Down to the Calmac office for more bookings and a chat with Michelle in the office.
On days like this parking is possible as most cars and camper vans/motorhomes are off crowding Calgary beach. Checked the bank ATM which is still out of action.Over a week now.
Street still crowded by tour bus denizens. At this time of year in the past things were definitely winding down from peak season but that has all changed.
We were mostly off on holiday at this time and it was not worth keeping the shop open.

Mike_P

Guru
Happy birthday to @tyred.

Ebike had a lunchtime outing for its rider to purchase some bananas and then do a work visit up the Otley Road. 618ft of exercise the motor largely had in 7.34 miles. Still a slog some of the climbs even with the assist on max. Suppose the weight of the thing wanting to do in the opposite direction doesn't help. Now 3ft off 30,000 climbed so far this year.

Mike_P

Guru
Evening Aldi trek dropping off some recycling at B&Q. There appears to be a butter mintoe shortage, Sainsbury's and Asda had none last time I looked and now Aldi had none.

Had a lovely luncheon of a sandwich filled with venison salami, plus two :cuppa:

Spent the afternoon taking photographs from bits of my archive in preparation for tomorrow's jolly. It's much more practical than carting the whole bloody thing with me - I need my flatbed trolley to move it without rupturing in any case. So I've now got all the pertinent / interesting bits housed on my phone.

The "Pasta Grannies" ragu was bloody lovely; pork mince, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, the bone from the beef rib joint I cooked the other day, a chicken stock cube and loads of lovely tomatoes from the garden. Was absolutely banging. :hungry:

Listened to the Atalanta v Arsenal game.

Have been taking paracetamol. Sinus flare up seems to be fading, though face / mouth is still a bit tender.

Top Bottom