Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another sunny day and the only thing seen in the sky is one vapour trail.
Happy birthday to @tyred.
The ATM at the bank is still not working and on a financial note while it is free to go into the church for a funeral there is an exit fee with a minder to make sure you put enough in the tray. :laugh:

The denizens of Craignure area have been trying to shift the main focus of the island to what is really just a ferry terminal.
The new hospital was put there as far from the majority of the population as possible and now they are trying to get the main school shifted to there as well.
This would mean the majority of pupils would have to be taken by bus 21 miles each way every school day and any after school activities would be a problem meaning lots of car journeys.
That is well behind me now as my kids are in Oban area and the grandkids have left school and are in college.

I hear the washing machine has finished so that is next to be attended to.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's another warm and breezy start to the day, although the sunshine seems to be absent at the moment.
Coffee has been had and I'm about to enter the staring into the cupboard trying to decide which cereal to have for a late breakfast part of the day.
Nothing planned for the rest of the day again, so I'll probably go out for a few hours of fresh air this afternoon.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It is grey here. I will be going out soon with my friends on a ride. Trying to find things to wear is a bit awkward. I find that not much cycling gear gives you enough pockets. Wallet , house keys , phone, glasses so I tend to stick with jeans and a cycling jacket.
This is why I like my Endura Hummvee shorts and trousers - zippable pockets for keys/cash and large velcro secured back pockets which will take a phone and wallet.

Edit - also the trousers have velcro strips at the leg ends so you don't need to use trouser clips either.

classic33

Leg End Member
Do they do a tow bar so I could take a caravan on holiday?
Seems like they do, for the Gallardo at least.
1726741566251.png

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Happy birthday, @tyred !

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I am fairly confident about translating French or German into English. (Currently reading some Maigret books in French.)

It is confusing to try to translate English into English. A BBC newsperson has just said, "There has been a fall in the level of rise in interest rates." :scratch:

Does this translate to "interest rates are increasing more slowly"? No it means that the interest rate has not increased.

In other news, Brock, or another member of his family has been seen walking along the street in broad daylight.

A warm, breezy and mostly sunny day here chez Casa Reynard.

Did not sleep well. Felt really cold during the night and had to resort to a hot water bottle, and woke up with a painful and a bunged sinus on the left side of my head - the one between ear and nose. That would explain feeling cold, and that would also explain my tinnitus being worse than usual these last few days. Hearing people who speak softly has been problematic - thank goodness for lip-reading.

I have managed to unbung the sinus using acupressure and the goo has been draining steadily for the last three hours. And yes it's very gooey, so it's a rather unpleasant process. My teeth are sensitive and my face is both sore and numb. I shall take some more paracetamol momentarily.

Despite that, I have had a busy morning. I've done laundry, sorted out the grocery shopping and froze what needed freezing. I've also filled the crock pot with a nice ragu. I've been watching the Pasta Grannies videos on the Book of Faces, and I am trying one of the things that I've seen. Regional Italian food is not that much like what most people think of as Italian. I intend on buying the cook book.

Sadly, I will have to do with whatever dried pasta is in the cupboard. Time constraints today, what with me being out for a good chunk of tomorrow, and things need doing so that I won't fall behind, which means that I can't make the fresh tagiatelle that the recipe calls for. I have a choice between spaghetti, macaroni, penne or fusilli.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

Top Bottom