Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cloudy day but forecast to stay dry.

Neighbour's labrador seems to fascinated by my back garden. He is mystified as to how it gets in as all the gaps have been closed. No damage done so I am not too bothered but he seems determined to keep it to his own territory.

I have found a suit where I can just close the jacket if I hold my breath so a bit of lengthening with the buttons may make it presentable.
All this fuss for a funeral I would rather not bother with but the person was a great friend of my wife so feel obliged.

The house is getting into a bit of a guddle so a good clearing out is indicated today I think.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I was a bit disparaging about gin which in fact is distilled in pot stills so it would be possible for malt distilleries to make gin.

Gin goes through a 2nd distillation process which is when they add the 'botanicals' to the neutral spirit

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where in addition to the sunshine and (mostly) clear skies, the wind has picked up a bit. Coffee has been had along with a banana, second coffee to follow shortly with a couple of slices of toast I think.

Today will be yet another day of doing as little as possible interrupted by at least a couple of hours out on the bike making the most of the continuing warmth & dryness.

classic33

Leg End Member
Zeppelin over Germany!
1726568164715.png

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Gin goes through a 2nd distillation process which is when they add the 'botanicals' to the neutral spirit

So does scotch whisky in most cases but nothing legally added.
Auchentoshan had triple distilling but no idea what they do nowadays.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I've been described as "aloof" occasionally; I've occasionally had to point out that it's not that I think I'm better than other people; I'm an introvert and I don't know what to say to them.
@Andy in Germany - this was written by me in jest as a response to the jokey reference to "a loaf". No insult was intended.

I have also been described as aloof. It was probably because I was concentrating on what I was doing.

Or I could add that what they were saying was so inconsequential that it not merit a reply.

Last edited:
Top Bottom