Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Another lovely morning. A 'Shorts' day, I reckon.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It's been a warm and sunny day here chez Casa Reynard.

I had a quiet weekend doing not terribly much. The only thing I did of note was to bake a batch of apple & cinnamon pastries. Have not been sleeping well, as my right knee has decided to be sore / stiff.

Spent the morning doing paperwork, and then spent an afternoon visiting with a friend. The main reason for this is that she's fostering the cat that I am thinking of homing, and while we did have a damn good chinwag, I also spent nearly an hour with the cat.

What seemed a very promising first meeting last week is now not looking quite so good. The cat was fine initially and wants to interact, but she walloped me twice for no apparent reason today, then sat right at the back of her pen while I sat in a camping chair, reading. She wants to be friendly (she looks at you and eye blinks) and comes when you shake the treat packet, but at the same time, she also doesn't particularly want you in her personal space (aeroplane ears, lashing tail, staying out of range). Temperament-wise, she's coming across as being rather Jekyll & Hyde.

She also went for my friend as we were leaving her pen, and so at the moment, any decision regarding my taking her on is being put on hold. We will try this again in a week's time, and make a decision then. My friend and I now both suspect she was surrendered to the rescue because she was taking chunks out of people and hissing at them, rather than the reason that was given at the time, which was human allergies.

Anyways, time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

For my dodgy right knee I put on Voltarol before going to bed. It seems to keep any pain at bay at night.
We had a cat which was a bit like the one you talk about initially. He was sort of adopted but I used to use sit and talk to him without making any other contact. Took a few weeks until he softened enough to be stroked and confident with us.

tyred

Legendary Member
Washing in the machine and all ready to start work for the day.

I've put some baking soda into the shoes that got soaked on Saturday as they're a wee bit xx( So much so that I didn't wear them yesterday even though they're my favourite for cycling.

I have a pair of cheap lightweight trainers I bought for carrying as a spare pair of shoes when touring as they take up little space. I usually just use them in the evenings and always assumed they wouldn't be great for cycling but I did an all day ride on Sunday and another reasonable length ride yesterday morning in them and they've been fine. I suspect they wouldn't be very durable though.

Top Bottom