Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Soup and a sandwich for supper this evening.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I should maybe have specified but I was sailing from Ballycastle in co. Antrim which is a long way away from Ballina. The Mayo Ballycastle is a lovely little village surrounded by some very interesting scenery. The good thing is that it doesn't get the volume of tourists some places get.

The Antrim Ballycastle is a largr (ish) provincial town, ferry port and is also surrounded by beautiful scenery but it attracts a lot of touroids due to the proximity of the Giant's Causeway.

Yes, I can see where I went wrong now. I thought it would be a long ferry ride from Ballycastle. By coincidence I stayed in Portrush for about six weeks, many decades ago with my eldest Brother.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I think it must be at least :scratch: fifty years since I had the vaccine. Only about 15% of badgers carry TB, but if I am about two feet from it's face, there could still be a slight risk.

I think you need to be near something in close quarters to catch TB, and for a period of time. My mother had it and was one of the last sanitarium cures in the 1940's. I have to get tested when I change jobs.

tyred

Legendary Member
Ardbeg 10 year old

IMG_20240913_223113.jpg

Speicher

Vice Admiral
You'd be going with Tyred's Ballina then.

Yes, but he is not there just now.

Top Bottom