Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
"Doing a number" can be misinterpreted in some circles.

Pets @ Home? 🤔

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Bedding has been changed, washed and is on the whirlygig to dry.
Grass has been cut.
I'm now having a break and sitting down with a mug of coffee and a sausage roll while I decide what to do (or not) next.

I didn't realise the rail tickets for my last planned outing of the year had gone on sale at the start of the week so these have been purchased, but are collect from the machine rather than e-tickets. Do I...
a) take a quick walk up to my local station and collect them from the machine there
b) take a walk or bike ride into town, collect them from the station machine there and have a free hot drink courtesy of my energy supplier
c) take a walk or bike ride into town, have a free hot drink courtesy of my energy supplier and collect the tickets from the machine at my local station on the way back
d) have a snooze on the sofa as the tickets can be collected at any time before I travel.

Last edited:
OK then, carry on
negative 9-13-24.jpg

Speicher

Vice Admiral
My morning perambulation was on the beach this morning in glorious sunshine but I think the shorts were a mistake.:cold:

Time to and wait on the ferry. I don't need to be this early as it's at 9:30 and only 6 miles away but I have no idea how congested Ballycastle gets in the morning commuter time.

I have looked up Ballycastle on my road map of Europe.

I can remember visiting Ballina, but not what was there. It was a railway enthusiasts' holiday, so could it have been the bog railway?

I shut my bedroom window last night. But I opened it again this morning. It's almost time to switch the heating back on but I'm still resisting - the forecast is for 4 degrees warmer today.

my elderly mother got hers going again. my Brother went over to help her figure out the thermostat she's been living w/ for decades :wacko: my brother is not mechanical & they both somehow set it too high, so when he got home, she called, he had to go back to adjust it, but he wound up opening windows & shutting the heat completely. he said it was like an oven in there. of course over the night she froze, so she called her plumber who coached her on it's use :cry: always a surprise what I find when I visit. tomorrow will be no exception I'm sure

decades ago she told me "Rocky, don't ever grow old". she's now living her nightmare. stinks to be healthy. maybe I should buy a pack of cigarettes for myself :whistle:

Bright and sunny now here chez Casa Reynard, but gawd, it was a chilly one overnight.

I did not sleep well on account of being too cold. An extra blanket and a hot water bottle were called for. The self-heating hot water bottle decided to sleep at the foot of the bed where it wasn't over much use.

I have spent the morning sorting out walnuts (the husked ones are outside, drying in the sun), putting the apples I picked yesterday into crates and thence into storage, and editing photographs. I've also finished a little 8x6 pen & wash painting that is intended as a gift. That's now been removed from the easel board and has been put in a plastic wallet for safekeeping.

Going to have a quiet afternoon. I do have to take the parental to the quack so she can sort out an appointment for a flu jab. The letter didn't mention a covid jab. I wonder if they're doing one of those this year... I might go for a gentle bicycular bimble.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out a nice day but cold.
Glad I had my gloves when I went out for a trike run this morning up Bonawe road and the Moss Road.
Strange I saw a pair of swallows on an overhead wire where I have seen them in the past. A bit late to be hanging around and they should be off south. Never saw any young ones around there this year either.
Up the Moss Rd. there was what must be a kestrel gliding around but not hovering. Did not get a good look at it but nothing else matches for size and general behaviour.
Coming back down I nearly got a nice white cockerel who hangs around the roadside near a farm. Not got his harem this time and I had to take evasive action because a car coming towards me was making exaggerated attempts to get off the road to let me past.
Traffic on this road was very sparse and all took pains to keep well clear.

Top Bottom