Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The evidence for the rise in bovine TB and badgers is not 100% and not clear cut. The massively ill thought out bags cull has hardly touch rates.
As for risk of human transmission it's tiny and contact in an open space would bring in down even more. Drinking infected milk is way more a risk.

I and my cousin reckon that it is deer that are spreading it but they won't do anything about it.

Mike_P

Guru
Evri did take the chest of drawers to the post office so a trip to collect them was neccessary only to find it was shut. An hour later it was open and after that 25 min break from WAH it was assembled after finishing WAH. Instructions not brilliant, said use the 25mm bolts where the 10mm ones were appropriate.
Parcelforce delivered the external DVDRW drive whilst I was in.

tyred

Legendary Member
Installed here at the White Park Bay hostel ready for ferry tomorrow and weather has been much better than forecast. Traffic was terrible on the way here and I assume a turoid sitting at 23km/hr on the main road with nowhere to overtake. Do Renaults not come with a throttle pedal as standard any more?

I had a lovely walk on the beach and am sitting looking out the window at the Rathlin Island lighthouse now.

IMG_20240912_184021.jpg

IMG_20240912_190610.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I am back in uniform to-morrow, stitches from the op were out today, all is well. I was talking to the butcher at the store near me, he was wondering when I would retire. Most people are advising sooner rather than later, but I do not know what I would do with myself. I am going to get a retirement hustle going soon and see if that pays off so it can be up and running when I do retire.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Very little done today apart from a ride to Aldi for some needed shopping and a couple of treats for myself. Don't know why but I just didn't have the energy which meant that I got home, had a hot shower and just sat back and relaxed.
As for the grass cutting - why do today what you can put off until tomorrow ^_^

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've been waiting for four parcels of bike parts, bought over the past fortnight. Of course they all arrive today, on the one day I'm not at home for parcel deliveries.

Had a lovely luncheon of a tiger roll filled with salami and cheese, plus an apple, a pear and two :cuppa:

Went to the community orchard to pick some Wayside apples. A good chunk of the crop had been picked since I was last in there on Saturday. Much of what was left was scabby or damaged, so it was a challenge to pick a basket of decent fruit for storage. The storms over the past two days ended dumping most of the crop of Murfitt's Seedlings on the ground. There was just enough left on the trees to pick a tray's worth. I won't pick windfalls in the orchard on account of the number of dogs that go in there.

Speaking of which, I ended up stepping in a large dog do that someone didn't pick up. Right next to a "pick up after your dog" sign, in the grass by the gate, just where you don't expect to have to deal with such. :angry: I didn't see it, and *squelch*

Wiped my walking boot as best I could, and drove home using only the toe of my boot to operate the pedals so that the heel, which took the worst of the stinky stuff) didn't touch the carpet. Had to spray some air freshener in the car, and my boot has been hosed off.

The walnut furklage was a bit of a bust. Only ended up having the time to hit one of the spots I'd intended. Only found a score of nuts - they're still not quite ready to drop despite the gales. And someone else has been looking in there, as all the undergrowth had been trampled down.

Cock-a-leekie soup and then Singapore noodles for supper.

Have spent a quiet evening editing photos.

Top Bottom