Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
It's Friday at last

I was thinking that it seems like a lot of famous cycling people were pretty careless in leaving their cycles where anybody could pick them up despite clearly having their names on their bikes showing who they belonged to. Ian Steel, Ernie Clements. The likes of Eddie Merckx, Barry Hoban, Claud Butler and Freddie Grubb must have been extremely careless as it obvious who they belonged to. I can only assume that cycle theft must have been rife in those days. :whistle:

tyred

Legendary Member
My morning perambulation was on the beach this morning in glorious sunshine but I think the shorts were a mistake.:cold:

Time to and wait on the ferry. I don't need to be this early as it's at 9:30 and only 6 miles away but I have no idea how congested Ballycastle gets in the morning commuter time.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cloudy and damp start to the day but just now a blink of sunshine so may finally get out on the trike while still dry.
Not driving anywhere with a sickly car but I do need to drive home on Sunday. Front nearside brake rubbing and overheating.
I blame my local garage but there is no real alternative.

Yesterday driving to Oban early illustrated the difficulty and possible danger of cycling on the A85 between Dunbeg and Connel. Two separate cyclists trying to get to work I think with enormous queues behind them as vehicles could not overtake. Nowhere to pull over either to let anything past for a long way.
Not a road I would attempt to cycle now as I did often many years ago.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from another bright, sunny and chilly start to the day in Suffolk. The first coffee of the day has just been finished along with a small banana as a pre-breakfast snack.

Bedding to be changed today and, given the recent cold nights, I have dragged a slightly warmer duvet out of the cupboard and laid it out on the spare room floor to air before use. Then there's the grass to cut that I couldn't be bothered with yesterday and that should do it for today.

tom73

Guru
:cold: early morning walk to gym, 1st time i've need my base layer hoodie with my soft-shell.
Now the suns out its warmed up a bit out the wind its quite nice. Washing on the line and shopping all away.
Time to take Charlie out then time for :cuppa: before I order the new iPhone , time for an upgrade well I still have resell value in my current one.

Gwylan

Veteran
TB and badgers? Alledgedly they can pass TB onto cattle. If Brock (aka the badger) was carrying TB and in a confined space for twelve (at a guess) hours, would there be TB in the air he breathed out?

The shock of seeing him there made me step back from the compost bin by about four feet. I assume my risk of TB is extremely small. Particularly compared to the danger from his bite, scratch or fleas, or catching any new variant of Covid.

You had the old BCG in your youth or are you still in the youth category

Top Bottom