Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As I was planning a ride with my friends tomorrow I thought I would try a ride to see how I was. I did my 12 mile route. I survived but my shoulder is a bit hurty.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Pretty wet walk with Cassie this morning, I'm afraid I weakened & added an extra layer, a thin fleece.

Madam spotted someone she played ball with yesterday & disappeared into the far distance.

If you ever acquire a border collie, don't introduce them to balls.

You’ll be telling me you had your long shorts on next

Cool, breezy and mostly sunny. Definitely a better day than yesterday.

Slept really well. Have had a quiet morning doing a few bits and bobs. Needed to open a fresh packet of antihistamines. I take half a cetirizine hydrochloride daily. I suffer from hayfever, but the meds, under recommendation from the quack, also helps keep my chronic sinus issues under control. A box of 30 tablets from Savers sets me back the grand total of £1.

This afternoon's agenda will be the things I didn't do yesterday. Which is go and pick some apples, and then go and furkle for walnuts.

Have acquired another photograph for my collection.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
TB and badgers? Alledgedly they can pass TB onto cattle. If Brock (aka the badger) was carrying TB and in a confined space for twelve (at a guess) hours, would there be TB in the air he breathed out?

The shock of seeing him there made me step back from the compost bin by about four feet. I assume my risk of TB is extremely small. Particularly compared to the danger from his bite, scratch or fleas, or catching any new variant of Covid.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Sunny with a bitterly cold wind and an occasional light shower.
Never got out on trike as intended due to other events taking over.
Haircut done and a new hearing aid supplied by the local hospital.
Car has developed a problem like wheels needing balanced. Stopped at Quickfit who found a front brake calliper sticking on but no time available to fix it on the spot so need to go and kick my local garage around for not finding this earlier.
Good job the trip to Paisley has been cancelled as not safe to drive that distance at speed.
To add insult my credit card would not work for some unknown reason but fortunately I have another option.

Well that was a waste of time , effort , fuel and parking fees. I had to go to Bath hospital to see a urologist about my PSA levels. They had gone up the past 3 times so they arranged an appointment. The appointment was late by an hour . We went in to see the urologist who basically said no need to worry we will see what the next reading says in 3 months. Why didn't they just send me a letter saying that ? :angry:

tom73

Guru
TB and badgers? Alledgedly they can pass TB onto cattle. If Brock (aka the badger) was carrying TB and in a confined space for twelve (at a guess) hours, would there be TB in the air he breathed out?

The shock of seeing him there made me step back from the compost bin by about four feet. I assume my risk of TB is extremely small. Particularly compared to the danger from his bite, scratch or fleas, or catching any new variant of Covid.

The evidence for the rise in bovine TB and badgers is not 100% and not clear cut. The massively ill thought out bags cull has hardly touch rates.
As for risk of human transmission it's tiny and contact in an open space would bring in down even more. Drinking infected milk is way more a risk.

tom73

Guru
Been a nice sunny day again but still cold , nice all the same. Its dried the washing anyway , waiting for the van to come back from MOT and service. Once i've paid and sorted things I will be off on my afternoon walk, be it later than normal.
Not complaining the guy is going it on his day off so cheeper and its only needed new anti roll bar links not bad given its 08 plate.
Was thinking the whole brakes needed going but all is fine. Every things all in is way less then we thought.

oldwheels

Legendary Member

"Allegedly "sums it up as the evidence is a bit sketchy I think.

Top Bottom