Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Very mixed day with heavy showers once you get lulled into thinking the sun is out for the rest of the day.
Smooth ferry crossing to Oban despite Calmac sending out warnings of disruption due to weather.
At Craignure I am parked in the passenger lift area so next to the foot passengers going on board. All sorts of interesting dialog.

" Tickets?"
"You want to scan our tickets?"
"Mabel have you got our tickets?"
" I think so but they are on my phone which is in my bag somewhere"
Rummages about in a large bag and eventually the phone appears.
" Must be on here somewhere but cannot find tickets"
Minutes pass prodding at phone screen.
" I think this must be them can you scan this?" Holding phone upside down.

They got on eventually along with the crowd stuck behind them. :rolleyes:

Mike_P

Guru
Day long meeting in Northallerton made touch easier by a lift from a work colleague.
No sign of the new small chest of drawers and having raised it with Evri that delivery to a parcel shop is no long necessary, have two tracking numbers both going to the parcel shop:huh:

Last edited:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Quite possibly a juvenile, they can be vicious buggers when adult, the only one I've seen 'in the wild' was when I was returning from Derbyshire with a trailer loaded with camping gear in the dark and on a downhill section near Bradgate park when one ran into the road in front of me before crossing the road and disappearing into the woods. I swear my front wheel was only inches from its bum and I was doing some speed, I think that I managed to put a crease into the Brooks certainly had to stop for 10 minutes to stop shaking. :ohmy:
It looked healthy in that it was on the tubby side.

Had a lovely luncheon of a tiger roll stuffed with Polish sausage and some Englishman's Foot cheese, plus an apple, a nectarine and the obligatory two :cuppa:

It has carried on hosing down with rain at regular intervals all afternoon. I strained the chicken stock, disposed of the bones in the green bin, and I am now in possession of a pot of chicken & vegetable soup and a small dish of chicken fat. The latter will be used for frying. The remainder of the time has been spent touching up photos. The biggest culprit is, as expected, cat hair.

Am now sat down with a :cuppa: and a 2-finger kit kat and am watching the tennis.

tyred

Legendary Member
Very mixed day with heavy showers once you get lulled into thinking the sun is out for the rest of the day.
Smooth ferry crossing to Oban despite Calmac sending out warnings of disruption due to weather.
At Craignure I am parked in the passenger lift area so next to the foot passengers going on board. All sorts of interesting dialog.

" Tickets?"
"You want to scan our tickets?"
"Mabel have you got our tickets?"
" I think so but they are on my phone which is in my bag somewhere"
Rummages about in a large bag and eventually the phone appears.
" Must be on here somewhere but cannot find tickets"
Minutes pass prodding at phone screen.
" I think this must be them can you scan this?" Holding phone upside down.

They got on eventually along with the crowd stuck behind them. :rolleyes:

There's always one (and usually more).

I know that type from volunteering at the theatre and other events. Queue up at door for ages and then not be able to find their tickets when they get to the top of the queue.

Or stand queuing at the box office and get to the counter and then go looking for their money to pay for the tickets (and probably remember they left their wallet in the car and keep everyone waiting while they run to the carpark).

tom73

Guru
It turned out to be a dry afternoon with the sun out, but still cold wind out of it was a nice bit of heat from there sun.
All jobs done and Mrs 73 list all bought and ready for when she got back. Still nice on my early afternoon walk.
A few things to go to get the van ready for the mechanic to pick up tomorrow.

Time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

Top Bottom