Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Turned out to be nice dry afternoon though the wind has taken most of the heat out of the sunshine. Still nice to have a bright afternoon after this morning grey start. Should be a nice afternoon walk anyway be fine with a light coat it's not overly cold.

Mike_P

Guru
Office day and normal lunchtime Asda trek. Bought a new small glass mixing bowl, due to the previous flying out of the cupboard at the weekend with a consequential shattering. At the self service till another case of no barcode and no assistant readily at hand. Returned to the shelf and the only other one did have a barcode.
Just about to swop them when instead I took both to the till, scanned the one with the barcode and then gave it back to an assistant who had now appeared.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Back at Derby velodrome, where I shall be racing in left-handed ovals this evening.

However, given the team I raced for has gone kaput, this week I will be in the green-and-white kit of my club rather than the ex-team's pink-to-purple.

I got a new pair of glasses last week so will be trying my previous pair for racing rather than the now 27-year old pair I've worn for cycling for the past 13 years. We'll see, literally, if varifocals work whilst racing - having tested them out in training at Manchester previously.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Gales with heavy rain showers so ferries off for most of the day but they are attempting a sailing with both boats just now. Neither are going to be sailing after dark due to potential berthing problems as it is still windy.
GP visit and got a very chatty one whose name is on all the forms as my GP but this is the first time I have met him. Conversation wandered in all directions as he did not appear to be under any time pressure.
Got a prescription for the ointment required and got parked in front of the chemist shop which was crowded with touroid asking questions and getting free medication as we do not pay for prescribed medication and anyone who happens to be here can take advantage.
Does not seem fair that we have to pay for touroid medication as they would have to pay when at home in England.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I noticed a photo by Pete XXX of wrecked fishing boats at Salen,Isle of Mull.
They belonged to one of the last characters living here. An Irish scuba diver who got 6 months in jail for chucking a small stick of dynamite off Salen pier which he owned to chase off a club of recreational scubies who were stealing his scallops and laughed at him when he told them to desist.
Sadly he is now ancient and his daughter has him confined.
That was one of his milder exploits.

Had a lovely luncheon of a tiger roll filled with salami and cheddar, plus an apple, a nectarine and two :cuppa:

The first part of the afternoon was spent puttering around in the kitchen. Chicken stock has been made (I've just turned the hob off), the tray of pork mince was divided and frozen and the bag of beansprouts has been stir-fried. I've also re-filled the fruit bowls - and at this point, it started hosing it down with rain outside, much to Madam Lexi's displeasure.

All the prints have now been scanned and edited for colour balance / exposure etc. I just need to go through the files to check for things like scratches and dust specks and the like.

I plan on having a quiet evening watching the football.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I noticed a photo by Pete XXX of wrecked fishing boats at Salen,Isle of Mull.
They belonged to one of the last characters living here. An Irish scuba diver who got 6 months in jail for chucking a small stick of dynamite off Salen pier which he owned to chase off a club of recreational scubies who were stealing his scallops and laughed at him when he told them to desist.
Sadly he is now ancient and his daughter has him confined.
That was one of his milder exploits.

Screenshot_20240910-190110~2.png

Another angle on the hulk..

Top Bottom