Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
A truly horrible evening with wind and rain. It's more like November.

I had ventured out for a walk before it got dark and an X5 driver seemed to have locked into the supermarket carpark which is always locked after they close. He managed to negotiate a way out around the bollards and over the pavement through the pedestrian entrance. Lucky he had four wheel drive to facilitate this off-road driving.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Faffing around this morning didn't take as long as expected which gave me time to catch up with some of the coverage of the local Tour of Britain stage on some well known roads....
And from the TV coverage - :hello::hello: from the right hand side of the screen between the 'For Sale' signs :laugh:
1725912871037.jpeg
:hello:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Serious insomnia last night. Finally dropped off about 5am, and then was jolted awake not much later by a nightmare - being attacked by a swarm of bats in my lounge. Felt surprisingly good all day on only 3 hours of sleep, and should think I'll drop off easily today.... but just to make sure I planned some exercise tonight.

It was going to be a bike ride, but instead I went for a run. I think it's the first time I've planned a run that wasn't just a dash to catch a train!
My last proper run was at school in the 1980s.
Blimey, my legs hurt.

edited for lots of typos.

Last edited:
Had a lovely luncheon of a tiger roll filled with chicken and salad - which included the first of my beefsteak tomatoes, plus a nectarine, half an avocado and two :cuppa:

Went and dropped off the YS stuff, had a good chat and set the world to rights, amused myself getting miniature schnauzers to catch gravy bone biskits and had loads of cat cuddles.

This included the interview for the position of Assistant SuPURRvisor. I will say that the proposed candidate for the position is very promising considering that her world has just been turned upside down. The decision has been made to give her a little bit more time to settle in foster care, and then a second interview will be carried out. In any case, nothing can go ahead for the moment, as we are still waiting for her vaccination status to be confirmed. And until that happens I've at least got the chance to get to know her better.

Went for a bicycular bimblette after, which resulted in another cache of walnuts.

Cooked a lovely supper of katsu curry (made from scratch) with chicken & vegetables, plus steamed rice and stir-fried spring greens with chilli and sesame.

Time to head off to the Land of Nod via the intermediate stations of Wooden Hill, Kitty Cuddles and Hot Bath.

Nunnight one and all xxx :hello:

tyred

Legendary Member
Sunshine and showers on this morning's perambulation. I virtually always have porridge for breakfast but I've bought a packet of museli this week as a change. It's certainly convenient as it doesn't need cooking but I think I prefer porridge. It's less sweet.

All ready for another day of excitement at work...

Top Bottom