Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
One load of towels and one load of clothing washed and on the whirlygig to dry in the very warm sunshine.

I think a slow bike ride is called for.

Grey and warm here chez Casa Reynard, with the occasional bit of sunshine.

Did not sleep well - had the old too hot, too cold thing going on. Think I only totalled about four hours of decent sleep. So have had a quiet morning watching the ToB. I've also had a nice girly pamper session.

This afternoon's plan is to pop down to the local nature reserve where there is a really good stand of blackberries and pick a whole load. Some I am diverting to a friend, while I plan on freezing some, and then making some bramble & apple jelly in order to use up some more of those Lady Hollindale apples.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_0005_BURST20240907140844523~2.JPG

DSC_0006_BURST20240907141001056~2.JPG

I was going to give chase on the Brommie but I didn't want to show them up 😉

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
@biggs682 Just gone through Holcot.. Very fast! 😂

Yes they were blink and you missed them quick see below for the leaders

IMG_20240907_141313.jpg

IMG_20240907_141315.jpg

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Noticing some croissants that were on the verge of developing language skills meant that tonight's supper was not what I'd planned. So I filled the croissants with cheese and bacon and stuck them in the George Foreman grilly thing to toast. And have to say, toasties made with croissants are the mutt's nuts. Had a tomato & basil salad on the side.

My knuckles are still tingling from a bit of an encounter with some nettles earlier.

Every now & then I have an encounter with nettles that get me through my clothes!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Mostly sunny all day and certainly no rain in prospect.

Went to library and then to chemist to pick up a prescription. Nothing else of note done as don't feel too well.
All a bit vague with cold and shivering. No idea what caused this as I have not been anywhere crowded recently to pick up a bug.

Everything seems to come at once sometimes.
I have a hospital appointment in Oban on 11th October and now an appointment for the winter flu jag locally on 10th. These dates also conflict with the dates my son would be able to take be to a Glasgow hospital if I can get an appointment.
Trouble is I cannot speak directly to the appointments office to negotiate a suitable date as everything gets passed through another office.

Somebody is wanting to know the best place to book now for a Christmas dinner. :rolleyes:

Tales of being stuck behind slow moving cars who will not let anyone past abound and road rage is rising.
To compound our troubles a newspaper has an article saying Mull is the best place to go and not Skye.:sad:

Top Bottom