Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Misty sunshine this morning but at least it is dry. Not much wind tho'.

Today is one of our favourite Agricultural Shows at Dalmally so they have a good day for it but the midges will be out in force with no wind to keep them down and the sun not quite bright enough either.
Cleggs are also a menace. A book I am reading the author thinks they are gleggs and it is not a typo as he repeats it several times. I think in England they are known as horseflies.

Not feeling too bright this morning as did not sleep well worrying about whether to cancel a trip to Paisley Hospital as the family want me to. DIL is particularly keen and I cannot offend her too much.
Son is home for a bit but he is off to a race in Wales the week after he comes back so not available even if I could change the appointment.

Long thread on FB regarding driving on the island and the general opinion is that standards are worse than ever particularly with failure to use passing places.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Roll up, roll up for the mystery tour.

Well.. It's been a slightly strange day so far..
Firstly, the DAB, tachograph & truck were set to Polish. Usually, inserting a UK Digicard will reset the tachograph (but not the truck or DAB) to English. Not today, though 😂
Fortunately, a handy passing Polish driver popped it all back into English for me 👍
Next, after leaving the yard, bound for Gamston & Coalville, and getting several miles up the road, the phone goes. I pulled into the next services to call back as I won't answer it when I'm driving, and they wanted me to return to the yard to load the pallets that the warehouse chaps had forgotten to put on the trailer..
Happy days 😂

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
Square plate today. Bacon was done to perfection today and I think there might have been a few beans in my sauce!

Endless whining on the local FB page about the new shared use path taking away car parking spaces outside a school. A war on motorist apparently. I wonder when this war on motorists is going to start considering boyracers use the roads around this town as a race track and drifting ground at night.

A few months ago, we had people moaning about the introduction of traffic lights on a roundabout and how it would cause accidents, traffic chaos and the end of the world. Yesterday, these traffic lights were out of action for a bit and people were moaning about how it was dangerous and causing traffic chaos. :wacko:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yes and hopefully the same as you the world's end or the horseshoe at sywell

I'll PM you in a bit 👍

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's pleasantly warm and brightening up after a cloudy start. Some idiot forgot to cancel their alarm clock setting after yesterday so I'm up and about earlier than planned. Coffee has been had.

This morning seems to be a day of opening new packs - fresh pack of coffee, new tub of Vitamin D tablets and no matter whether I have Weetabix or Shreddies for breakfast, that will also be a new box to be opened.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
On another window I currently have 5 tabs open with two potential gig tickets, two hotel bookings and a Bandcamp basket all waiting for payment.
Do I go ahead?

You know you will!

I did - but not quite as intended when I realised that by the end of this year I'll have seen one of the bands three times. That ticket & hotel were binned and I'm off to see an AC/DC tribute act instead (and at a £10 saving overall).

Mike_P

Guru
It ended up getting slightly on the warm side briefly yesterday but the wind probably did not help. Certainly by 6 a cold dinner was not that good idea and quickly followed by sticky toffee pudding with custard.
Murky and overcast this morning and thought it was drizzling. If it was it had stopped when I set of in the car for what turned into a tour of the Co-op, Asda, Waitrose and Aldi. Plenty of Times in Waitrose this week so the free TV guide resolved this week.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Cooler and a bit damp today but rain is holding off for now.
Some months ago what's left of there farm was sold and work started levelling every thing inc all trees and landscaping other than the bungalow. Now planning has come work has started building it up and out, inc cladding in tasteless gold looking sandstone.
This morning work is now underway ripping the roof off, currently 4 guys are climbing all over the roof in trainers. Pulling off concert roof tiles and throwing them off into skips. It's like being in the middle of artillery barrage been at now for hours. We also have a great view of the caravans that have been on site for months with two families living them.

Top Bottom