Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cool, grey and breezy here chez Casa Reynard, with no evidence of the forecast rain.

Did not sleep well. It was half past five in the morning before I finally nodded off. Ergo I feel rather bleurgh. Busy morning though, doing a load of little things that needed doing.

This afternoon, I will need to make my apple & sage jelly, water all my planters and I will probably pinch out all the growing tips and flowers from the tomato plants. My crop is way down from the previous two years, and whatever fruit sets now will likely never ripen. So I'll just make do with what I've got.

Will sit down to watch the remainder of the ToB coverage while I eat my luncheon.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I will see what I can do, is it the blue jazz ?

Red Jazz, and thanks 👍Lovely and clear apart from the Tunnel but I bypassed a few miles of the queue there by using the original A2.

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Damp drizzly windy. Treated the car to a full tank and the big Lidl at Knaresborough had a small rotating battery spot lamp.
Perfect I hope for the third height cupboard under the staircase with the circuit breakers in it but no convenient mains socket.
Futile search of various shops selling small storage items looking for something to keep neat a small bookcase in the bedroom that used generally not for books
A T-K Max had a clear acrylic storage unit that would have been perfect but one of the drawers had a damaged front corner. Tried googling it but cannot find it.

It was hammering down with rain a little while ago.

tom73

Guru
Just back from there Dr's. I need to book a none urgent GP appointment been that long since I did. So had to dig out my log in for online booking. That was not playing nicely kept saying my DR was not sign up. But showing I was logged in and can see my Dr's. Mrs 73 is on early short shift so once home she said lets set you up on NHS app and try that. So she did and that was not working even though log in was all right. Finally got in and no appointments.
So thought I will walk to Dr's and book one. Told can't book one they are only released at 10 every morning need to phone or go online. She said they go very quickly , once they go that's it till next day.
I know they have phone 9 for same day and ofter 10 for any other, but it never said you can't book anytime you like after 10. :wacko:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
In this market town, some shops are closed on Mondays or Thursdays, or both. Some shops close at 4pm.
In the “ good old days” Wednesday was half day here and Thursday in Oban.
Long time ago when touring we went to Portree on Skye as we had no food left. Everything was shut except a baker who only had a few cakes for sale.
It was what they called a Fast Day.
Nowadays nothing shuts and I am mildly surprised they do not have a nightshift.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Had a walk down a forest road this morning. Trouble with that is nowhere to have a seat if tired unlike the trike where I can just stop anytime.
Surprised to find the car park for this road was empty at 1000. Usually it is full of free campers with motorhomes as it has a scenic outlook.
After lunch sat out in front of my house for a change but eventually had to retreat indoors as it was too hot. I was not overdressed either with shorts and t shirt.
Still only a couple of house sparrows made a very brief appearance but apparently somebody has put out a lot of fat balls and every house sparrow for miles around has gone there.
Some bees on my lavender which is getting a bit past it now.

Had a lovely luncheon of the last of the croissants, which I filled with cheese & chutney, plus an apple, a nectarine and two :cuppa:

Watered all the planters and clipped the tomato plants. All the new flowers and growing tips have been removed. I did sacrifice a few tiddly fruit, but I'm OK with that.

Apple & sage jelly has just been poured into jars. That was fun, as it was setting as I was pouring it! Anyways, it's really lovely, starting off apple-y and sweet, and then finishing on a smoky, savoury note from the sage. This will be very nice to glaze a gammon with, or to add to a chicken sandwich. It'll also be good on toast just as it is.

it never brightened up here today, but likewise, we've not had the forecast rain.

Top Bottom