Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Work finished for the day. I'd rather have went out on the bike but I'm taking advantage of all the overtime on offer at the moment as I will probably get a huge bill from that private orthopaedic consultant for last Wednesday. I have an appointment with a different one tomorrow but I think that is paid for by the driver's insurance as they requested it.

Noticing some croissants that were on the verge of developing language skills meant that tonight's supper was not what I'd planned. So I filled the croissants with cheese and bacon and stuck them in the George Foreman grilly thing to toast. And have to say, toasties made with croissants are the mutt's nuts. Had a tomato & basil salad on the side.

My knuckles are still tingling from a bit of an encounter with some nettles earlier.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Right suppliers collected first cuppa brewing

Morning.
It is grey here and dry at the moment but there is a weather warning for heavy rain later.
My trip with my friends yesterday was an experience. There was talk about another one but I won't go on it. I was too exhausted when I got back home. The last half mile walk to my house seemed like I would never get there. If I was on a bike I could have freewheeled it but I had to keep plodding.
I calculated that it took 1.5 hours to travel the 18 miles, the bus would have travelled more by zig zagging around the housing estates. We could all have ridden there on our bikes much quicker. We all used our bus passes so it didn't cost anything. I haven't worked out how much it would have cost going by car.

cookiemonster

Squire
Hong Kong will go into lockdown from this evening as super typhoon Yagi is close. All the schools are shut tomorrow. HK will miss the worst of it but we'll still get a kicking.

IMG_2203 (1).jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
A lovely morning on the perambulation. Maybe we'll get an Indian Summer 🌞

All ready for another mundanity at work with an interruption for this stupid report on my ankle. At least I don't need to travel for this one as I can walk there in 23 minutes.

Top Bottom