Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another bright sunny day in prospect and I really mean to have a proper rest day.
Yesterday was supposed to be a rest day but turned out busy instead.
Not sure what to do as no point going down to the town which will be heaving. Looking out my window when I got up I could see another of these infernal cruise ships arriving.
Not been out the Glengorm way recently which is also getting busy but at least there is nice scenery.

Strange thing I noticed yesterday was no house sparrows to be seen. Normally there is a large flock which congregates in the bushes beside my front path. None to be seen this morning either.
Where have they all gone?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from an overcast and much cooler Suffolk. The first coffee of the day has just been finished so I'd better get myself moving.
Absolutely nothing needing to be done today except for clearing the old chair out of the way ready for the new one to be delivered. Once that's been done I may go for a stroll and catch up with a couple of podcasts.

I was just watching a programme on Channel 5 , Petrol v Electric. It seemed to be swayed towards the electric cars. One thing they should have done is to get both cars to fill up at a service station when there are 4 cars in front of each car .

Petrol/diesel pumps generally seem to work. I've rocked up at three EV chargers in past week that were broken, so I drove right across Anglesey to the Holyhead ferry terminal, waited 20 minutes for one to come free and got some juice. Great fun.

Petrol/diesel pumps generally seem to work. I've rocked up at three EV chargers in past week that were broken, so I drove right across Anglesey to the Holyhead ferry terminal, waited 20 minutes for one to come free and got some juice. Great fun.

What gets me is that they seem to want people to do and buy things whilst they are charging. Not very good if there are people in a queue waiting to charge and people have meals or do their weeks shopping.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Second cuppa went down well
Might have to travel along the A45 later

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Today it is very chilly out there. I needed to wear a hat to keep warm.

90453f5b845666097e4ebb3c810f8d65.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Trying to work out an itinerary to get everything done that I need to do tomorrow.

Apparently, nearly all the shops in Tübingen are closed until 10:00. Is this because the students are asleep until then?

I live in twin cities with three colleges and two insurance companies with corporate headquarters here. I think our stores (camera stores and labs) were the only ones open before 10. And the grocery stores.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Another bright sunny day in prospect and I really mean to have a proper rest day.
Yesterday was supposed to be a rest day but turned out busy instead.
Not sure what to do as no point going down to the town which will be heaving. Looking out my window when I got up I could see another of these infernal cruise ships arriving.
Not been out the Glengorm way recently which is also getting busy but at least there is nice scenery.

Strange thing I noticed yesterday was no house sparrows to be seen. Normally there is a large flock which congregates in the bushes beside my front path. None to be seen this morning either.
Where have they all gone?

My house. Thank you, neighbors.

Top Bottom