Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Fine sunny morning so far and forecast looks good for the next few days.
Temp down to 9C outside when I got up.

Medication sorting and reordering day and then if the weather stays dry I must get the tadpole trike down from the garden shed and into the house.
Easy to say but not so easy to achieve as it has to get turned sideways to get through various doors.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Morning.
A group of us old fogies are going to Frome by bus. I think the idea behind the exercise is to see how we can waste 3 hours of our lives by travelling by public transport. :wacko:

When I got to retirement age and pretty much free public transport, I briefly considered riding on all London's buses. I then decided that would be a waste of at least a whole year. The number 1 bus, which runs fairly close to me, reminds me of this retirement project from time to time. And then the 453, which runs even closer to me, reminds me why I never started.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from warm & sunny Suffolk. Coffee has been had with the last couple of chocolate digestive biscuits from the pack.

The rest of the morning will be occupied with some light domestics - bedding to be changed, vacuuming to be done - and then I may well have a couple of hours out. With the new chair being delivered on Thursday I also need to dismantle the old one and get it out of the house ready to be taken to the tip which may be a job for this evening.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Congratulations to you and Mrs @Illaveago

It's also about the same time that I started at Big School ^_^

I'd only recently started primary school :tongue:

tom73

Guru
I suspect the clubcard pays for itself, so at most it'll be a change of name/reduction in benefits.

A refresh with a relaunch is most likely it's not really change since it came out. It was and in many ways still is a market leader, the data it holds and collects is worth a mint not just resell value but commercially to Tesco. t's even been shown to be effective in using it as an indicator of possible early cancer signs. A number of people have been saved by being contacted. To think it all started by a couple who come up the idea pitched it to Tesco and ran it out the spare room. after a few years Tesco bought it outright and the couple made a nice few million out of it.

Top Bottom