Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Reference pls.
Came from an area manager visiting one of the local Tesco Express stores.
They don't know if they'll be replacing it with something else, or if when it goes that'll be it.

Came from an area manager visiting one of the local Tesco Express stores.
They don't know if they'll be replacing it with something else, or if when it goes that'll be it.

Which makes me wonder... If the intention is to discontinue, then why plugging it so hard with advertising?

What they *are* discontinuing though is the extra rewards, where you can take your clubcard points and spend them at restaurants, cinemas and other attractions. That's irrelevant to me anyway, so don't care if that goes.

Morning.
A group of us old fogies are going to Frome by bus. I think the idea behind the exercise is to see how we can waste 3 hours of our lives by travelling by public transport. :wacko:

tyred

Legendary Member
Some rain on this morning's perambulation but it looks like clearing up and is currently nice and sunny.

Different route this morning as I wanted to confirm where this office is where I have to go tomorrow for yet another private orthopaedic report. I can walk there in 23 minutes. I sick of all this nonsense.

Another long day at work in store for me.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Well.. It's Black Bin Day in Hamtun but I'm in Broadstairs 🏖
Fortunately, and with foresight, our neighbour said that I could chuck our rubbish over her fence and she'd put it in her bin.. (I did put it in a bag, not just launch it over willy-nilly!)
We do do have lovely neighbours either side & nearby. They're all keeping an eye on our bungalow, too 👍

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Tesco was tescoed. No regulars, so first dibs on what was worth taking. Very random today, which is reflected by what I came home with. Which was two cod fillets in batter, spinach, lettuce, salad onions, an avocado, a bag of pears, five kilos of new potatoes, two dozen tiger rolls from the ISB, some croissants, a fancy rye bread and a box of custard doughnuts.

Had a chicken salad sandwich and some apple crumble with custard for supper.

Now having a chilled evening watching paralympics highlights and chatting with some friends on messenger.

Do you use a lot of potatoes? I find supermarket potatoes do not keep well and quickly turn soft and sprout after a week or perhaps two weeks. They are stored in a dark and cool cupboard.
We used to buy a large sackful direct from the farm and they kept ok for a long time.

Top Bottom