Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
In Derby for the start of the autumn track racing season. I may come last.

Edit: [insert after racing: I did come last]

PXL_20240903_172523449.jpg

Additional edit: DON'T take the GB riders off in the warm-up!

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A day of mostly light rain so not out much.
Did one car run to donate a pile of kindling I no longer need to my wildlife pal who has wood burning stoves for heat.
I still have a stove which was used with anthracite and latterly some sort of pellets. It was very good at keeping the whole house warm and the electricity bill down but too much work and in any case the coal merchant has gone on to fleecing touroid instead as he owned land which is now a camp site.

In the past electricity pricing was easy. Standard rate and off peak.
Now it is a jungle which I have difficulty with.
Which provider and which tariffs? Why is life getting so difficult for ancients like me to cope with?
I had a university education and a stressful job but life is getting harder than ever.

tom73

Guru
A day of mostly light rain so not out much.
Did one car run to donate a pile of kindling I no longer need to my wildlife pal who has wood burning stoves for heat.
I still have a stove which was used with anthracite and latterly some sort of pellets. It was very good at keeping the whole house warm and the electricity bill down but too much work and in any case the coal merchant has gone on to fleecing touroid instead as he owned land which is now a camp site.

In the past electricity pricing was easy. Standard rate and off peak.
Now it is a jungle which I have difficulty with.
Which provider and which tariffs? Why is life getting so difficult for ancients like me to cope with?
I had a university education and a stressful job but life is getting harder than ever.

Keeping up energy providers and tariffs is complex most of us regardless of age. It's feels like a full time job keeping up with them, Our fix has just ended so will have to wade though it all again.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Decided to spend the premium bond winnings in advance of getting them, so I've now got a new pair of pillows and a couple of packs of coffee with what was left over. Even with a large pair of Ortlieb panniers, there was a lot of squishing needed to get them home.

just a little bit of light rain late afternoon which was disappointing as the radar showed a decent blob which sort of petered out as it got near.

tyred

Legendary Member
Another long working day completed with a bit of a break between 5and 7. I'm getting bored with this now but I eagerly await my next payslip to see how much extra I've made for the taxman.

I popped out on my break to buy a new toilet seat as i am fed up with putting that other cheap plastic thing back together. So now I have a solid wooden one with metal hinges. Perhaps this news is too exciting for this thread!

In an era where we are being told to reduce waste, one wonders how much badly designed and badly made cheap plastic crap ends up in landfill ever day as it's not fit for purpose.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
this morning I saw a man digging in the same hole as a back hoe type excavator. small hole & bucket was right next to his head. that can't be safe. called the police to look into it, but they seemed really surprised I called & like they didn't know how to handle the call. also the supervisor was in his truck not watching

stock photo
View attachment 743843

OSHA may have more interest.

Tesco was tescoed. No regulars, so first dibs on what was worth taking. Very random today, which is reflected by what I came home with. Which was two cod fillets in batter, spinach, lettuce, salad onions, an avocado, a bag of pears, five kilos of new potatoes, two dozen tiger rolls from the ISB, some croissants, a fancy rye bread and a box of custard doughnuts.

Had a chicken salad sandwich and some apple crumble with custard for supper.

Now having a chilled evening watching paralympics highlights and chatting with some friends on messenger.

Top Bottom