Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning.
It is looking grey and murky here this morning.
I have got to wait in for a phone call from my doctor about my blood test results.
I drove back from Bournemouth yesterday. We stopped off at Bournemouth Aviation Museum and had a wander around. From one of their observation platforms I could look across to Bournemouth Airport and spotted 2 Typhoons parke by a hanger in the distance. I missed a Spitfire taking off which sounded very strange. It sounded more like a helicopter.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dull damp morning with no wind. The ground is wet so been raining and probably will again.

Calmac announce more ferry problems but not their responsibility.
The passenger access gangway to the MV Isle of Mull is not working so passengers cannot board. This is owned by the local council so their responsibility to fix it.
No idea why they do not use the vehicle ramp as they did for a while in the past. Probably number of passengers is a problem and would take ages to disembark and then reverse for loading again as there are up to about 700 foot passengers per sailing.
This is done with the MV Loch Frisa but the numbers are smaller.
Many of the passengers seem particularly daft and ask all sorts of stupid questions on FB as too lazy to do any legwork themselves.
Do the shops and businesses on Mull accept cash is this morning's prize winner.

tyred

Legendary Member
Back to work after an enjoyable few days away and back to dreich weather.

I noticed on my perambulation that the roadworks are progressing nicely in my absence although still a lot of detours for pedestrians. A nice big shared use path now. Looks very nice and the wider path will give people somewhere to park their Range Rovers when they drop wee Jimmy and Chloe at school!

National Slow Down day today so people are being asked to slow down and comply with the speed limits! What about all the other days of the year? Also, despite the highly publicised speed campaign, an unbelievable number of people will still get done for speeding and then complain about it!:wacko:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Back from a short walk to the Post Office to drop off another couple of eBay sales. Time for a small coffee and breakfast and then off out again in about an hour for a bike ride to my chosen lunch stop.

Got a phone call from the letting agent on Saturday:
Letting agent: Where are you? I'm waiting to give you the apartment keys
AinG: I thought that was tomorrow?
LA: I'm on holiday tomorrow. for two weeks.
AinG: (inaudible swearing) Um... sorry. I'll set off now, but it will take a while to get there...
LA: No worries, I'll leave the keys under the black bucket on the patio, collect them when you have time. You can leave it until Tuesday if you want.
AinG: Um... okay, will they be safe there?
LA: (Laughing) In that village? Sure they will, take your time, there's no rush.

I went anyway. They keys were indeed under a black bucket on the patio...

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Thick fog so warnings about ferry disruption. They do have all sorts of navigational gizmos but on the Craignure/Oban run particularly they are frightened of running down small yachts which do not appear on their radar.

The mention of money earlier reminds me that our last shop was opposite a phone box beside the pier steps.
Before the days of universal mobile phones yotties would come ashore and into our shop asking for change for the phone boxed and tendering a £20 note. They were not pleased when we directed them to the bank 100 yards along the street. The bank charged us for change so we were reluctant to give any away.
Some smarties would buy one postcard again with a £20 note. They were not pleased when I gave them the postcard free of charge.^_^

Top Bottom