Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Local bin news....
Due to the narrow roads number of flats & holiday lets in the central old part of Broadstairs, there are big bins in a nearby square.
These are collected as & when in what appears to be a rather haphazard way!

Planning how to get to the new apartment next week. The railway is closed between Tübingen and Stuttgart until the 8th, which means the bus one way, but I'll have my touring bike there by next week, so I could theoretically go with the Brompton, leave the Brommie there and cycle back on the tourer, then go on the train next time with the tourer.

Strangely, my new apartment is higher than this one, but it's this one that's on top of a steep hill...

classic33

Leg End Member
Back to work after an enjoyable few days away and back to dreich weather.

I noticed on my perambulation that the roadworks are progressing nicely in my absence although still a lot of detours for pedestrians. A nice big shared use path now. Looks very nice and the wider path will give people somewhere to park their Range Rovers when they drop wee Jimmy and Chloe at school!

National Slow Down day today so people are being asked to slow down and comply with the speed limits! What about all the other days of the year? Also, despite the highly publicised speed campaign, an unbelievable number of people will still get done for speeding and then complain about it!:wacko:
"Between 7am and 12am on Monday morning, GoSafe checked the speeds of 29,729 vehicles and detected 72 vehicles travelling in excess of the applicable speed limit."

Just under 6,000 speed checks an hour!

Mike_P

Guru
Out of oranges and a choice of offers on them, both at Sainsbury's. Their cheap bag of 5 even cheaper at 80p or 30p cashback in Nectar points on their £1.50 bag of 5. Choice was resolved by the latter being sold out.
Both sets of temporary lights had gone and quite what the three way ones had been for I could not work out.
My Elemnt Bolt was down to 17% when I got home so what suddenly has become an issue with it arose. It has become very picky over what USB lead of the correct type it will charge up off.

tyred

Legendary Member
"Between 7am and 12am on Monday morning, GoSafe checked the speeds of 29,729 vehicles and detected 72 vehicles travelling in excess of the applicable speed limit."

Just under 6,000 speed checks an hour!

They obviously weren't trying too hard. I could probably detect more speeding cars than that every day outside my front door.

This must be the only country where the police force advertise the days on which they are actually going to do some law enforcement!

classic33

Leg End Member
They obviously weren't trying too hard. I could probably detect more speeding cars than that every day outside my front door.

This must be the only country where the police force advertise the days on which they are actually going to do some law enforcement!
Much the same problem over here.

Locations are given out weekly, in the local paper, here. Just to give them the chance to slow to the speed limit.

Had a productive afternoon of walnutting, and have picked two "bag for life" shopping bags full. When it comes to foraging, it is all about fastest finger, but the downside of picking this early in the season is that you have to de-husk them. And that's a right messy job.

Fabulous supper though.

Cooked gnocchi alla sorrentina, which is one of my favourite things to eat, as well as being one of the best comfort foods on the planet. Was a bit :mrpig: so no room for apple crumble. Whoops!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The morning sunshine didn't last long - by the time I left for the ride north for lunch the skies were covered in thick grey cloud. A helping breeze from the south ensured that I made good time on the ride and it was still quite warm so fish, chips and a couple of drinks were had in the outside seating area.
Quite chilly on the trip home which was due to the train's air conditioning seemingly being on the 'arctic' setting.

classic33

Leg End Member
The morning sunshine didn't last long - by the time I left for the ride north for lunch the skies were covered in thick grey cloud. A helping breeze from the south ensured that I made good time on the ride and it was still quite warm so fish, chips and a couple of drinks were had in the outside seating area.
Quite chilly on the trip home which was due to the train's air conditioning seemingly being on the 'arctic' setting
Beats that of the bus I was on this morning. Heavy smoke from burning rubber and plastic. Also a wee bit warm in parts.

Top Bottom