Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did you get takeaway samples?

Of course

IMG_0985.jpeg

Tiddle & tea stop on Medway (formerly Farthing Corner) Services.

I remember the parentals used to stop there when driving to and from Dover when we used to take the ferry over to Zeebrugge back in the '80s...

My GP listed the four most common causes as:

Trauma
Dehydration
Alcohol
Food items

in that order. I’ve been on Allopurinol since. My main triggers were the top two

for me it's meat & alcohol, but eggs are ok. looking at my food log, I suspect glazed donuts don't help. I keep the Gout at bay w/ moderation of my triggers, plenty of regular hydration w/ fresh lemon juice & apple cider vinegar. lemon juice triggers the kidneys. when I get suspicious, I take 1 colchicine pill, sometimes for 2 days but not more, it's horrible stuff. I've discussed alpurinol w/ my doctor but I don't need it yet, because I can keep it at bay. that said, I have had bad episodes, maybe once a year or every 18 months or 2 years, I can't keep track, where I need steroids (prednisone). I go that route when the foot swells up, gets red & angry & of course very painful. I experience various levels of flare-up

it used to hit me around vacations & holidays when I ate triggers to excess. & before I knew what the triggers were, medication couldn't compete, because I kept consuming the triggers. when I eliminated the triggers, I was able to recover w/o medications. & now I don't need medication. the colchicine helps but I think when I eliminate my triggers the natural recovery is adequate

I first got it when I was doing extreme dieting for a body transformation, over a decade ago. pumping lots of protein & drinking alcohol. the attack came when it was summer & I was exercising a lot & I have hyperhidrosis (excessive seating). so alcohol, meat, powdered protein & excessive sweating ... then BAM!

started in my right foot's big toe, over the years, moved to my left foot's big toe. now it favors the arch in my left foot. used to feel like someone banged my toe w/ a hammer. now it feels like I broke my foot

it's easy to tell I have a flare-up coming, so it's easy to back off the triggers & take just 1 colchicine

Speicher

Vice Admiral
You're certain it's wildlife doing the opening?
If it is they've learnt a fair bit, to get that open.
It would be easy for an animal with strong legs to get a claw behind the black door/hatch and pull it out.

They are also digging holes in the borders. Either circular dips about 6 inches across, or ditches about four inches deep. There are regularly foxes in the garden and small deer. Also lots of big squirrels, who I thought were clever animals. Walnuts, like small limes are also dotted around the garden. I do not think it is a human under cover of darkness.

I will let you know if my obstacles have been successful.

It would be easy for an animal with strong legs to get a claw behind the black door/hatch and pull it out.

They are also digging holes in the borders. Either circular dips about 6 inches across, or ditches about four inches deep. There are regularly foxes in the garden and small deer. Also lots of big squirrels, who I thought were clever animals. Walnuts, like small limes are also dotted around the garden. I do not think it is a human under cover of darkness.

I will let you know if my obstacles have been successful.

Pick up the walnuts, de-husk them and lay them out to dry.

Nom nom nom!

Top Bottom