Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ripple

Veteran
Got a phone call on Tuesday afternoon saying that my hospital appointment will be on Monday. I was told all paperwork will be sent to me. So far didn't get anything so bye bye to the appointment. It could be because we have a postgirl who cannot read addresses or because it takes a week for the hospital to send a letter after it was actually printed.
Panicked too early and unnecessary. Asked google for advice and it told me to check NHS app. And hey ho - there's a basic info about the appointment like date, address and who to see. Brilliant.
Though it makes me wonder why all communications with the hospital is by letters only. Surely an option of receiving an email should be available.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I really ought to have an early night as I'd like to be out of the house as near to 7am on Saturday as possible.
It's only been 6 months since I retired but the days of having the alarms go off at 6:30, get dressed, loo visit, quick couple of Weetabix for breakfast, clean my teeth and out of the door and on my way by 07:00 are long gone. It seems to take at least an hour to get going now.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
<yawn>

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Bright sunshine as forecast this morning so must get out on the trike early before the roads get too busy.

Local Horticultural Society show today.
I used to enter but now have nothing to enter as my veg garden has been neglected.
My father was a professional gardener and as a child I had the job at these shows to watch his entries to make sure nobody interfered with them before judging took place.
Switching labels or sliding a better entry into a different category was not unknown. These events were not friendly bucolic pastimes!:ohmy:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Today's 23 plate truck has 209456 kilometres on the odometer and has taken me to Cromer for an ice cream 🍦
DSC_5328.JPG

Top Bottom