Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry day forecast but not so far sunny.
Car is waiting to be collected by the garage so going nowhere today unless on foot.
There is a ginormous bay tree obstructing access to my top garden so I think the loppers need to get going to cut it back as much as possible. There is also a shrub [ name unknown ] on the other side which I cut back in the springtime but it has also spread out too far.
Problem then is disposing of the cut back stuff. I had a machine for that which I unwisely got rid of so may see if I can find one for sale somewhere handy. There used to be a tool hire place in Salen 10 miles away but he has retired so no joy there.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk and it's yet another bright and sunny start to the day. The first coffee of the day has already been had after an unwanted early awakening.

Nothing to do today apart from getting a few food bits in for tomorrow's outing and removing a very large bird deposit from the roof of my car.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
20 year service award at work , £200 in gift vouchers which hasnt increased in line with inflation since i have been there but its better than a kick in the head :smile:
I also get an extra days holiday a year if i can get it off as they are allowed only so many off at once , i did book tonight off as i still have a week to use this year and as i am officially still restricted till my thumb joint has fully healed i am a spare wheel so they are not going to miss me .
What will i spend my money on ? me !!!
I wish, mini ck 2 needs a new wardrobe as the old one fell to bits when the kids pulled it out and they want a soda stream which although i already told them you dont save any money i dont mind to much if it saves carting pop and the initial cost is covered by my bonus .

Last edited:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Solo lunchtime stroll completed
Lovely day outside

Ripple

Veteran
Got a phone call on Tuesday afternoon saying that my hospital appointment will be on Monday. I was told all paperwork will be sent to me. So far didn't get anything so bye bye to the appointment. It could be because we have a postgirl who cannot read addresses or because it takes a week for the hospital to send a letter after it was actually printed.

tyred

Legendary Member
Life is good - once I remove the mushy peas that I didn't ask for. xx(

IMG_20240830_172625.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Mostly sunny day for a change so busy outdoors.
Cut back some shrubbery and some weeding done. Really need a shredder to get rid of the cut shrubs so put feelers out to see if anyone I know has one I could borrow.
My wild life pal probably has one so mebbe try him later.
While waiting on my car to come back the guy who was doing the exterior painting turned up to give my doorstep another coat of paint but he had to go off for a bit as I had to get my car keys back once the car appears. Normally it would be safe enough leaving them in overnight but in touroid season all sorts of weird people are around so better locked.
Post brings a hospital appointment in Oban on 11th October.
Unfortunately this is rally weekend and all sensible people keep off the roads and ferries will be fully booked anyway.
I fought with them from 1972 onwards as they parked outside our house to work on cars and chucked all the rubbish over the wall into our garden. They went into the distillery yard without permission and started again working on cars beside our grain intake so a fire risk.
They blocked access to my workshop later and set up toolboxes on my step. Door opened outwards so tools spilled everywhere.
You may gather I do not like them and there are other horror stories I will not bore you with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom