Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rather frustrating day. Looked to be slightly sunny but raining when I went out.
Not very far out either as just up to my top shed for some tools and then to top up the screen wash in the car.
Could not take the car out as still waiting on patient Transport to phone back. If driving it would put me in a bit of a pickle as I could not answer until parked which could take too long and it is probably a phone which does not accept ingoing calls.

About this time of year in the past we would be preparing for time off as the touroid would be mostly gone. The Wales Trade Fair at Builth Wells would be in couple of weeks and then the annual "Cabbage Cruise" when half a dozen sailing boats would set off cruising in company for a couple of weeks.
Happy days.

Mike_P

Guru
â™» was collected late morning then this afternoon Evri delivered two glass water etc jugs for the fridge. Any worry over them being thrown around a van, at least on the last stage of the journey, was quashed as a young lady turned up in a car with them.
@Jenkins has reminded me, last day of the curent cheap milk and as the wind seems to have dropped a straining pannier will be occurring.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
As the weather forecast for the East Midlands shows it as being dry this Saturday, I've purchased a ticket and am off to the Vintage Sports-Car Club meeting at Mallory Park. Last year's equivalent meeting is the one I was at where a competitor was killed in an accident, so I'm hoping this year's meeting passes off without incident.

Also yet more rail tickets have been purchased leaving only one more long distance trip (Manchester) to sort out for November and one in December (Nottingham). After that there's nothing until February next year when I can start using a Senior Railcard.

Mike_P

Guru
Nearly everything in triple, milk, bananas and custard powder along with a single box of biscuits. A set of 3 way lights had sprung up at a junction that were not there yesterday. Return hence was to continue west through the wood from the showground, an unlit cycle path but still just light enough to see, and then head north. As such avoided those lights, another set of temporaries and the junction with no cyclists push button.

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
Nearly 80 miles ridden today. Tired now. Probably too much for my current level of fitness but a nice ride though, heading inland towards Maam Cross and back to Leenaun and then along the coast to Clifden and back to the hostel again.

I solved the crowded kitchen problem tonight by eating in a pub in Clifden!

tyred

Legendary Member
This tourist board always makes me laugh.

IMG_20240829_124326.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
You have to wonder to some people not realise that they're talking complete and utter nonsense.:wacko:

It's been a pleasant, mostly sunny and somewhat breezy day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well enough. I don't feel that stellar though. Still rather chesty, my right knee is still rather sore, and now I've got a large mouth ulcer as well. Ah well, hey ho. Intended on having a quietish day, but ended up being busy most of the time just doing stuff that needed doing. I still have one last task to do, which is to decant the rowan and apple into the jelly bag to drip out overnight, but I want the fruit pulp to cool down before I do that.

Things have ended on a really nice note though, because I cooked a lovely roast chicken dinner, with triple-cooked chips and a tomato & basil salad. :hungry:

gbb

Squire
Grand daughter (19) had her results in ..
Animal welfare resoundingly passed with a triple distinction.
And it's useless...
She was well on the way to her lifelong aim, a vet. She's always had skin problems but earlier this year was told...no chance can you progress, the likelihood of reactions is too great.

So next week, she's off to Uni, policing.

classic33

Leg End Member
Grand daughter (19) had her results in ..
Animal welfare resoundingly passed with a triple distinction.
And it's useless...
She was well on the way to her lifelong aim, a vet. She's always had skin problems but earlier this year was told...no chance can you progress, the likelihood of reactions is too great.

So next week, she's off to Uni, policing.
At least she's not letting her stop her.
Good on her.

Top Bottom