Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Looks like another rainy day but not much wind.
Sod's law rules as tomorrow looks like the best day for ages according to the forecast but my car with the trike in it will be collected by the garage to get new brake pads. Not very practical to get trike out before they collect the car for a variety of reasons.
Saw a prime example yesterday as to why wear high viz on a bike. Two touring bikes with riders in dark clothing on a section of road with high vegetation close in on both sides and it was raining. They blended perfectly into the background and were only just visible. We also get similar walkers with a death wish.
This was on the "new road" which is double track with fast traffic both ways. The maximum speed alleged to have been reached on this section was 142 mph and the boy racers love it.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Hoovering has been done. No Freddie Mercury impressions today 🕺

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from yet another bright, sunny and warm start to the day in Suffolk. There's a nice cooling breeze coming in through my bedroom window which means I can see & hear freight service 4L43 sitting on tickover waiting for it's arrival slot to the North rail terminal at Felixstowe Dock.

Overslept somewhat this morning which means the first coffee of the day has only just been finished and breakfast will probably be more like elevensies when I get round to doing it. Absolutely nothing to do today so I may take a stroll into Felixstowe later to get a loaf of bread and to pick up a couple of bottles of squash as I've just opened the last one from my cupboard.

postman

Squire
Just finished my favourite sarnie when at home.Tuna salad cream and onion on a bap.When out it has to be bacon in a bap second choice sausage in a bap.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Just a shade under 7 miles walked into town, along the prom and then back home for today's shopping trip.

In true @Mike_P style a lot of it was free thanks to various vouchers...
Squash - 3 for less than the price of 2 with Tesco coupon
Free hot chocolate to drink on Felixstowe seafront thanks to my energy supplier
Free full sized baguette and reduced price sausage rolls from Lidl with various vouchers.
All I had to pay full price for was the pack of cold meats for the weekend.

Edit: coffee and ice cream about to be had as a treat.

tyred

Legendary Member
It has turned into a lovely day after a very cold, windy and occasionally wet start.

45ish miles done so far so I feel this is justified. My Come even came in a proper bottle!

IMG_20240829_144304.jpg

Top Bottom