Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Just in case anyone wants to avoid the seasonal rush, B&M has got Advent Calendars on the shelves 🎅

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Has not rained here all day so far but I can see showers moving up the Morvern coast on the other side of the Sound.

Got some garden tidying up the side of my entry path mainly but a bit on the other side of my grass which is tough. Really need to get down on hands and knees to do that bit properly. Problem then is getting back up so I have a fairly strong ex commercial fish basket which helps and also holds a lot of weeds.

Strangely I got booked on the ferries I wanted without too much hassle. The advantage of using the local office is that she has all my details on file and also I take the view of use it or lose it.
Patient Transport has not bothered to phone back either.

Stornoway has started a long term loan scheme providing bikes from age 4 to age 16 plus some accessories if required.
The used bikes have been donated by people who no longer want them and they are checked over for safety before use.
This has been started by an Afghan refugee who fled from the Taliban with his family.
People tend to be careless with things they do not own so interesting to see if the scheme has a long term future.

classic33

Leg End Member
sorry, can't follow this. when you say ground anchor screw I'm picturing something that goes in the ground, that maybe holds a tent support cord? can't understand how that would affect the bike
Summat akin to this...
maxresdefault (9).jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Rear lawn has been cut

Front 'lawn' has been cut.
And a side lawn* as well in my case

*more of a 6' wide strip of grass shared with my neighbour

tyred

Legendary Member
Another horrible wet and windy day.

I worked another long day. I'm sure the tax man will have a field day with all this overtime.

I've been trying to confirm this appointment with the private orthopaedic consultant. I have rung countless times, left voicemails and emailed but I've heard nothing back.

I am considering cancelling the hostel in Connemara. Friday afternoon is reasonable looking but the weather forecast for the other days is horrible with wind and rain. Oddly enough, the forecast for here is pretty good after Wednesday. I have until midnight to decide before it would cost me to cancel.

postman

Squire
That was one hell of a day.I won't go into details but it was intense and hard,it included removing skirting boards because a fitted wardrobis going in,also i had to remove ugly bad fitted architrave around two windows,and yes there were large gaps and holes not filled by the builders when this house had work done.That came very late in the afternoon,when i was flagging.When the polyfilla is dry son has the task of sandpapering down and painting.My final job was to put silicone around the kitchen sink,nobody had done it when the kitchen was fitted out by the previous owner.Son and girlfriend found water in a drawer when they had a mammoth cleaning session with friends who came to clean up.Well i masked it up and it got three layers if that leaks i will eat Drago's y fronts.I did well considering my cancer one year ago,i can't believe how i did so much.Mrs P was a star she painted also.She is just finishing a pint as i type,i will have mine tomorrow night.

Top Bottom