Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
There is a truck show here today and now that it's over, they're all driving around the town blowing their air horns.

Why do people feel the need to make as much noise as possible?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Poured rain all day so went to visit my wildlife pal.
We reminisced over lunch and he produced some photos showing among other things a photo of a heavily bearded guy with a 5lb xerox trout he got in a small hill lochan. The scales were checked by a lab and it was at least 11 years old.

There was also the enormous lobster he got in Gunna Sound between the islands of Coll and Tiree. I remember that occasion as he was seasick and vomiting in the water as there was so much swell. Once under the surface he was ok. Divers were hardy on those occasions but we had a couple of standby divers kitted up and ready to go if there was any hint of trouble.

He has an extensive knowledge of local tracks but unfortunately none of them are possible on my trike but a bike would be ok. There is one between Glen Forsa and Glen More which could be a circuit and if @ColinJ is into off-road would suit him on his possible visit.

tyred

Legendary Member
The rain warning has been extended into Tuesday now. This must be the wettest August I ever remember.

Today was a waste of time as I couldn't motivate myself to do anything productive.

I've popped out for my Sunday evening music fix. I felt the need of my woolly hat!

dicko

Guru
The thought occurred to me at the time, after all he was stepping onto a moving vehicle, in front of a large wheel, from muddy uneven ground. I refrained from comment because (1) I was new to Germany and could barely speak German, let alone Bavarian, and (2) He was about 75, and I figured anyone reaching that age while following such practices probably knew what they were doing and would manage to survive his remaining years and would probably die in bed after a very large dinner.

Probably mounted the tractor from where the rear hitch and three point linkage were located.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I see there is another rain warning for tomorrow afternoon
Don't want to annoy you too much, but this is the BBC forecast for round here for the next week & a bit :laugh:
1724613145538.png

Top Bottom