Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Light rain most of the day but foggy instead when I went out to the library.
Afterwards went down to the marina for a seat looking out over the bay. The seat was wet of course but I come prepared with a poly bag to keep my posterior dry.
Watched a boat sailing down the Sound at a good speed so plenty of wind but very variable in direction and from my seat there was a definite demarcation line with the moored boats pointing in very different directions.
Too cold to linger though and exchanged views on this with an old friend who comes down there regularly before heading home for lunch.
Fell asleep for too long in the afternoon.

tyred

Legendary Member
A very mixed day from a weather point of view. Sunny one minute, pouring the next.

I had a very nice afternoon at vintage tractor working day despite the weather. I really should buy a plough for my Dexta although I have always had a suspicion there is something not quite right with the draft control.

IMG_20240824_161116.jpg

IMG_20240824_194359.jpg

Had a fabby luncheon of tiger baguette filled with luncheon meat, manchego cheese and chutney, plus an apple, some cherries and the obligatory two :cuppa:

Not much to do this afternoon beyond carrying on with some writing and keep tabs on the cricket and football as it hosed it down until gone tea time.

Supper was a three-cheese cauliflower cheese, with toasted bloomer to dunk into the sauce. There is a maple & pecan Danish with my name on it for later.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Tidying the side of the house this afternoon in order to put summer things away and re-order bikes I found a vintage Maillard wheelset. It's suffered quite a bit in the weather, with rust and cobwebs, although still works perfectly fine:

PXL_20240824_125024041.jpg

But ... for the life of me I can't remember putting it there. Or what bike they might have been off.

Now I'm wondering whether the neighbours are depositing un-wanted bike parts over my fence and I'm not noticing.

tyred

Legendary Member
Tidying the side of the house this afternoon in order to put summer things away and re-order bikes I found a vintage Maillard wheelset. It's suffered quite a bit in the weather, with rust and cobwebs, although still works perfectly fine:

View attachment 742531

But ... for the life of me I can't remember putting it there. Or what bike they might have been off.

Now I'm wondering whether the neighbours are depositing un-wanted bike parts over my fence and I'm not noticing.
I'd be happy if my neighbours gave me bike parts!

Top Bottom