Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
A nice morning for a change with sun and blue skies but not particularly warm.

There's much evidence of the overnight rain though.

The fire brigade were attending to a Merc C Class which seems to have suffered an under bonnet fire.

Now waiting to see if I get a round or square plate.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Dull with drizzle. Will be packing the car today as we're off camping for seven nights. Daughter coming too, but we've got to hope my son will look after the cat's properly (he's not great at looking after himself).

Looks like I won't get the grass cut, but it's not really been growing this year - I cut it each week, but there has been little growth, despite being 'fed'. It's nice and green though.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a damp and drizzly Suffolk - no sign of the forecast deluge yet and any heavier stuff has been to the west. Coffee has been had.

Today will be a bike shed day as it's a while since any chains were cleaned and I would like to change the chainring on one of the bikes. This will be followed by photographing a few spare bike bits so that they can be sold off on Ebay.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Ended up signing the paperwork on 2 new sofas last night , with the toilet addition going on and when it gets done eventually ...... i will let the builder off as he had to have a hernia operation and hes coming back in a couple of weeks time it means we have lost a bit of usable space and we have a 3 seater and 2 armchairs currently with big arms that takes up to much space .
The old set is in need of replacing anyway as the cushions have lost their bounce back so your sitting in a dip , i did try to use some bits of foam you can get to sort it but they just make it not comfy plus its survived 2 kids aka mobile dustbins so its past it .
the 2 new sofas are 60 cm smaller overall than our current set up so it gives us the room we need ,
On other news i had planned a 100 mile ride tomorrow but i have decided not to do it as my shoulder with the pinned collar bone has been aching lately around where the front shoulder muscle is attached and although i can ride i have to sit pretty upright so i dont think a big ride is a good idea . Just about to start painting mini ck 2 last wall in her bedroom .

Mike_P

Guru
Rain in 36 minutes said the app. Best use car I thought and a good job as it turned out to be rain in 6 minutes. Waitrose, Simply Food and Sainsbury's shopped; 90p milk offer having returned. Cool bag ended up with in it a Waitrose low calorie cottage pie (£1 off voucher), M&S Cumberland pie (10% off), twin pack of breaded cod (90p cashback) and a triple pack of raspberry Magnums (£2.50).
Generally the roads were quite but even so a Range Rover driver misread as usual Keep Clear as Wait Here :banghead:

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This morning, as the forecast was for rain, I've tidied the area of the parts shed that isn't parts. Nearly done but a pile of old paint tins / car accessories - including some from 30 years ago when I was in the industry - are in a pile to be disposed off. One shelf left to do.

Oh, and I've ordered some new glasses. They're blue.

It hasn't rained yet ...

DCLane

Rain in 36 minutes said the app. Best use car I thought and a good job as it turned out to be rain in 6 minutes. ...
Generally the roads were quite but even so a Range Rover driver misread as usual Keep Clear as Wait Here :banghead:

Aha! You got my rain. Please keep it.

Edited: SWMBO is visiting her parents in NI this weekend. She brought it in her luggage. Blame her.

And the Range Rover driver didn't misread, they just didn't care.

Last edited:

DCLane

This morning I swapped the 'summer' Dawes Kingpin and Fuji Track grasstrack bikes with the 'winter' Raleigh Pioneer ready for autumn/winter; they sit in covered storage down the side of the house.

Expect a three-month dry, warm spell ...

Oh, and I'm now sat waiting for a competition prize to be delivered. I've had notification it's arriving by 1.30pm but genuinely don't know what it is!

Top Bottom