Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
Waiting for royal mail to arrive

I still have a good few decades to wait.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Next door has had workpeople in.bathroom jobby,so i have just been over to ask for the cardboard that is going to the tip.It is going to Goosnargh next month.A serious weeding job two small trees removed and the cardboard down then wood chippings jobs a good un.

I've done that around my trees. Seems to work OK.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Meeting at work yesterday and the fat continuing to hit the fan wih the new employer trying to work out how to merge seven teams into three with seven different incompatible computer systems. The simple solution of moving everyone to a new system actually designed for the 2020s rather than 1980s seems to have been overlooked. ITs solution seems to hang on a change to W11 from W10 so we were told yesterday some of us would get a W11 laptop to try ITs idea out. Transpired today the some was singular and turns out to be me💻🔨

With combining computer systems you've always got the problem of different teams doing the same thing a different way. Nightmare for the poor soul doing business analysis, but done well it can pay off. That's if they're willing to pay for it & talk to the right people.

postman

Squire
Can't stop i have just been summoned to the Headmistresses office.It seems i have to choose a drinks package for the cruise ship bit of the holiday Holland America Lines.It seems it is a must have,but you cannot have different ones,but i won't be guzzling lots of booze.So i will be having the same as Mrs P who likes a holiday tipple.Plus we need to book excursions so i might be a while.

4am Wifey asks: "did I turn the grill off" (meaning did she turn it off)
me: "you mean the main tank valve?"
Wifey: "no the burners"
me: "want me to go check?"
Wifey: "yes, I think I left a pepper roasting & never turned the grill off"
IMG_0210 pepper 2 jpeg file.jpg

got to the grill, sure enough BOTH burners were still going, but on low. surprisingly, there was still gas! turned off the burners & the main tank valve & went back to bed. after 9? hrs on the grill, it weighed nothing & seems as light & crispy as the astronauts' freeze-dried ice cream, that you see at science museums. if Wifey doesn't toss it today I'll be interested in cutting it open

w/o much convo after getting up & going outside we both went back to sleep, until my alarm went off 1 hr later. ugh

Last edited:

postman

Squire
I'm wondering if there's some Yorkshire in my family history. When I went to pay a deposit for the chair, I realised I'd left my phone at home and the card that gets me a 20% discount on train tickets was in the cover meaning I'd have to pay the full fare home. Rather than doing that I biked the 12 miles back saving all of £6.90.
Reet our kid,Welcome to Yorkshire all we need now is your bank details and your cap size.One Yorkshire flat cap will be on it's way.Saved 6-90 reet good that.

Top Bottom