Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ended up doing the pies as individual "handkerchief fold" Danish. Was the easiest and simplest way to do them, no need to trim or crimp pastry at all. They're currently in the oven.

The apple filling was made using a mix of Lord Peckover (early dessert) and Jolly Miller (early culinary). The former are a lovely dessert apple with a floral, almost strawberry-like flavour and highly recommended if you can find it. But they do not keep terribly well. The latter is a very nice - and not too acidic - cooker. When ripe, they are just about sweet enough to eat as is.

classic33

Leg End Member
No use to me - it would have to be be Greater Anglia to Peterborough then LNER to Leeds or Doncaster and finally to Sheffield with Northern
LNER do trains to Sheffield from Forster square!
And to/from Peterborough

Jenkins

Legendary Member
LNER do trains to Sheffield from Forster square!
And to/from Peterborough

Er, no they don't. LNER runs to Leeds on the East Coast Mainline then you have to get a Northern Rail connection to Bradford followed by another Northern Rail to Sheffield. Much simpler to do LNER to Leeds or Doncaster then Northern Rail to Sheffield - trust me I've spent way too much time looking.

Last edited:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Need to get up but can't move as swmbo is cuddled up to me and I don't want to wake her..... Might be late to work today sure the boss will understand 😄

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm wondering whether a Hamtun driver is going to make their car hit something difficult to hit, today...
On Monday, I must have missed it by minutes as I rode past on my back from town, someone in a Jaguar XJS bounced off a VW and drove into ASDA. 80 yr old, apparently who was then air ambulanced to hospital..
Yesterday, someone drove into a church! How, I don't know! Granddaughter was on her way to her summer job in the library and took a couple of pics.
FB_IMG_1724220082163.jpg

No idea how the driver managed this but it's at the pedestrianised end of a car park 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom