Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Desk contents and cup!

D*mn...

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm more worried about remembering the Wheel jig that's bolted to the desk: it's only 50% mine; the other 50% belongs to Elder Son, so I'd be in a lot of trouble if I left it behind.
Just leave your half behind. See if anyone notices.

tyred

Legendary Member
Another wet and windy day. I love summer 🏝️

More letters from the solicitor. I wish they'd go away.

I've been coerced into working a lot of overtime this week. Just finished work now. At least the money will be useful to pay for these private orthopaedic surgeon reports but I'd rather be riding my bike.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I don't seem to have done a lot today, but I've spent a lot of time doing it. Shopping has been done with two free bakery products next time I visit Lidl being a bonus extra, the carpet was vacuumed and a load of cycle clothing got washed & line dried.

Two more lots of rail tickets for November have also been secured and I've spent an inordinate amount of time comparing the various routing & cost options for a later trip to Sheffield. The obvious route is Home-Ipswich-Peterborough-Sheffield via Nottingham (so many split ticket options to work through), but it seems like it may be cheaper (and more comfortable on the LNER Azumas) to go Home-Ipswich-Peterborough-Leeds-Sheffield.

Tesco has been tescoed. Two cans of petrol picked up for mower and chainsaw, and I cleared the shopping list. Also got lucky again on yellow sticker - picked up cooked chicken, prawns, trays of mixed seafood, portobello mushrooms, oranges, thai green curry-flavoured rice cakes, tiger baguettes and part-baked ciabatta / pannini rolls.

Cheese & onion toastie, tomatoes from the garden and a :cuppa: was had for supper.

Last task of the day is making an apple & stilton pie - or turnovers, I haven't quite decided yet. Everything is ready, I just need to preheat the oven, assemble and bake.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't seem to have done a lot today, but I've spent a lot of time doing it. Shopping has been done with two free bakery products next time I visit Lidl being a bonus extra, the carpet was vacuumed and a load of cycle clothing got washed & line dried.

Two more lots of rail tickets for November have also been secured and I've spent an inordinate amount of time comparing the various routing & cost options for a later trip to Sheffield. The obvious route is Home-Ipswich-Peterborough-Sheffield via Nottingham (so many split ticket options to work through), but it seems like it may be cheaper (and more comfortable on the LNER Azumas) to go Home-Ipswich-Peterborough-Leeds-Sheffield.
If you're travelling on/with LNER have you considered Bradford Forster Square?

postman

Squire
long day back home 22-30.House is nice,and not as bad as the photos look.Needs painting some wallpaper is hideous.Roofer came out,and a real genuine chap,a local fella with good remarks about his work.All in all we are very pleased with the house,just needs a good paint job.The staircase is too big a job for me,so we will fund the painting of that as a gift.i will help and show our lad how to decorate.We will save some time by painting over the wallpaper which is in fireplace recesses,behind the headboard of the bed and one long wall and one short wall in the second bedroom.It has been put on very well and will be like lining paper.Visits to B & Q for paint and bits plus Dreams for a mattress and Currys for fridge freezer,washing machine and a dishwasher.All in all a super day.Work begins Monday removing the most awful diy built in wardrobe you ever saw.

Top Bottom