Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One for @Reynard - this was posted on a motorsport forum I'm a member of. I take it this is a younger Derek from the Toleman days?

View attachment 741722

Yeah. Hard to say what year exactly as the drivers' overalls were pretty consistent in their design & sponsor patches. I'd have to go nerding to find out. I think the guy standing next to Derek is Les Thacker.

presta

Guru
1724171352469.png
Because the rubber buttons are so unreliable you can never tell whether it's the battery that's knackered or the buttons.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
what a boring day at work , the camera that scans the body number so the rest of the factory knows what spec the car is broke so guess who had to look at them as they went past every 120 secs and enter it into the computer ?
yup muggins here , literally nodding off between each one as it was literally a 10 sec job per car and i spent the whole shift doing it .

classic33

Leg End Member
Nearly time for home. Inventory of tools done. Inventory of new parts done, List of parts and numbers for future orders done.

Four days to go.
Desk contents and cup!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A day of sunshine and showers. Mostly showers and heavy ones at that but managed a short walk without getting too wet.
Ferries are on yellow alert from midday tomorrow due to forecast high winds.
They used to manage in the past by going up round Lismore to take heavy swells on bow or stern rather than rolling across the more open water of Loch Linnhe.
I remember one late night sailing in the pitch dark when the anchor chain had to be used to get off the berth in Oban. A wild night and most resorted to the bar on board (to ward off sea sickness you must understand) and nobody really knew where we were. Most passengers were more than a little inebriated by the time we reached Craignure on Mull a couple of hours later.
Strangely nobody ended in the ditch despite it being single track the whole way home.

Hand washed one of my favourite jerseys, an old guernsey which I have had for years and well darned.
When the instructions say hand wash never try to cut corners by machine washing as it will certainly shrink. Fortunately I still have a free standing small spin drier which is handy to get most of the water out before hanging to dry though tumble drying should be ok at a low temperature.
I do not use any fancy soap but a pair of knitters locally told nosey touroid that their jersey were washed in the burn using the liquid of the fairies.

Top Bottom