Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They just showed another space rocket going up spectacularly. Not vertically but exploding.
We used to have a space rocket programme which never had a failure and launched one satellite which is still orbiting . As usual it was cancelled by one of our governments!

Ah yes, but that was a wasteful state programme, this is free private enterprise which is much more efficient.

Just remember to keep recycling to save the planet, whilst other idiots try and send a rocket , I wonder what will have the greater effect on the o zone layer

Not to mention the mess the last Musk Rocket made of the nature reserve next door.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Not to mention the mess the last Musk Rocket made of the nature reserve next door.

Still pretty sad about that, but these things happen in Texas. I would feel a lot better if we just let the government run these things, more about accountability and sustainability . Musk has some great ideas, and some bad ones. Billionaires all want to have their own space program. This seems to be the current state of play, and I think government oversight and control would lend a bit of order to the mayhem. I don't even want to think about Boeing, better to have let the project to Lockheed-Martin.

cookiemonster

Squire
hey that sounds like a plan! only there 5 days though so miss the festival, second leg of trip is Thailand. staying with my mate on Lantau.... i'm getting quite excited to be honest. After living there for six years you get a bit attached?

PM me your dates and I'll try and meet you at least once. It'll be the start of the new term here so I will be busy but I'll make time.

I would say a drinkie poo at Carnegie's in Wan Chai may be in order. :becool:

I've been here 12 years. :eek:

cookiemonster

Squire
Wanchai warrior eh? I bet the Big Apple is still there.
1994 to 2000 for me.

I'm very rarely in Wan Chai as I live in Tin Shui Wai, sitting on the Chinese border, almost. ^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
1724162167304.png

It's been a mostly sunny day here chez Casa Reynard, interspersed with the odd sharp shower.

Finished the reports by Sunday tea time and fired them off to the GCCF office. They are now online on the GCCF website for this year's Lilac Point and Caramel & Apricot Federation joint shows. https://www.gccfcats.org/shows-activities/exhibitor-information-2/show-reports/ if y'all fancy a bit of a laugh.

Went foraging yesterday and I now have two and a half kilos of hazlenuts. Rather pleased with myself.

Busy day today doing all sorts. About to hoon off to Tesco as I need a few bits. Also need to drop off the parental's prescription and pick up some petrol for the mower.

Top Bottom