Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Evening cuppa went down well
Just had a quick gentle rain shower

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Dreadful day of rain pouring heavily.
On the good side the car passed the MOT with one advisory which is wear on rear brake discs but can wait till I get my hospital appointments sorted out.
The first one has to be rescheduled due to timing not suiting Patient Transport so now I wait and see what comes next. The call centre for PT I think is designed to tell patients to just go away and either get there on hands and knees or drop dead.
Does this sound like I am not impressed with their service?

Patient Transport is no better down here. I think they have a policy of not answering any phone call for at least 30 minutes, at which point you get to stage 2 of their obstruction policy, which is what you've just described.

Anyhow, I went to Specsavers today. They were actually remarkably efficient. My good eye is a very good eye, my other needs treatment for cataracts. So my daylight-only driving window is going to get shorter for a while.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
At least I know that I didn't lose my keys in the pub last Monday.
As the weather promised more sunshine, warmth and southerly winds I repeated last Monday's ride up to Norwich and had lunch and a couple of drinks in the same place before getting the train home again. I did check at the bar to see if anything had been handed in the previous week but with no luck.

Monday.

giphy.gif

Guess where i'm off to in 2 weeks? Good old honkers ... first visit back since 2018.
Can't wait!

classic33

Leg End Member
Do you think I'd require a separate ticket if i were to be the winning bidder to get him home?

Top Bottom