Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've done some bits and stuff in the garden.. Geraniums & marigolds have been dead-headed. Erysimum has been trimmed back as it's finished flowering. Lavender has been de-straggled, too.
Time for a coffee, methinks 👍

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nothing much achieved today.
Went for a short walk and then sat in my garden for a while as the sun was shining but had to be sheltered as the wind was cold.
Deer have been getting in but cannot see any obvious entry point.The heads of some flowers have been snipped off which is typical deer snacking.
CalMac have been sending multiple text messages regarding the ongoing sewage problems as the boat is operating on a sailing by sailing basis with no certainty of travel. This means the alternative Lochaline route is overloaded and doing extra runs to try to keep things moving.
Also been corresponding with DIL regarding my hospital transport. Son is due home on the day of my appointment which is no help and he is off to Wales to some cycle event the following week.
Thr problems of getting old and decrepit.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I was just talking to my wife . Yes I know it's a rare event! :whistle: I was saying that I can remember getting off a bus and walking back home when my mum said that they had finally paid off the money for our house and it was theirs. I must have been at the age when my mum still picked me up from school so I was thinking about 7 or 8. So We assume that my parents must have taken out a mortgage just after the war. I can remember the day being sunny as we walked back.
Isn't it strange how I can remember all that far back but can't remember what I had for tea sometimes! :wacko:

When you look at the price your parents paid for their house.....:cry:

postman

Squire
Our local Aldi has closed for a refurb.If the inside looks as good as the outside,it's going to be fabulous.Anyway i need chocolate,and because a certain well known brand has gone up in price and down in size,it is a walk to Chapel Allerton tomorrow,and seeing it is a marathon walk,see what i did there,i will buy two bars of whole nut.Then at least one will get home.i might need a latte while i am there.And seeing how i joined FC Cafe Nero on a transfer i will use my reward of a free coffee for joining the app.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Got to Snetterton for 09:30, watched 8 good races in warm sunshine, left before14:00 during the lunch break (oddly only 3 short races to come in the later session) and was home not long after 15:00. Don't know if the generator move happened or not as the A140 was fully open but traffic control types were still in evidence.

As I had plenty of time to spare, a load of washing was stuck in the machine and I went out for a lovely 3.5 mile stroll in the late afternoon sunshine to build up an appetite for the burger and chips I was having for tea.

A most enjoyable & relaxing day.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
One for @Reynard - this was posted on a motorsport forum I'm a member of. I take it this is a younger Derek from the Toleman days?

untitled.png

Top Bottom