Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Squire
summer.jpg

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
They floated over Rectory Farm towards Welly.. There were about a dozen took off twixt 06:00 & 06:30. A shame for the people who turned up at 07:30 to watch them!!

The ones I saw were already past Wolaston by just after 7 so couldn't have been from the festival.

Mike_P

Guru
Busy Sunday morning, washer on and then hung out only just in time to drive into town to collect the new glasses at the allocated hour. Slight delay as either they had been misfiled or I am now Mike_Q. No adjustments needed to the VDU glasses and only slight ones to the sunglasses but they spent ages fiddling with the main pair.
Then to Morrisons to use up their sole voucher offer, 10% off frozen which resulted in two packs of Nuli choc ices for £4.50.
As a replacement for the broken 🐿️ baffel I picked up a clear plastic mixing bowl. Drilled a hole too big for the bolt. The original threaded onto the bolt hence its undoing as the wind sought to rotate the baffle.

Weirdly I find Marathon plus tyres easy to take off and on.

Same here; I generally don't need levers to mount them if I can get them to sit right.

The only tyres that have defeated me in the last few years were some elderly Continentals.

Morning.
It is a bit grey here but dry.
I'm shattered after going to a military enactment do yesterday. It took a long time to find the actual field they were in as it wasn't signposted and the address was different to where it was. It was nearer to Bradford on Avon than Corsham. We eventually found it. It was large! Battle of Waterloo peeps up to the Vietnam War peeps. I slept for a couple of hours when I got back home .

postman

Squire
I know we all care for each other,i have had the wonderful posts myself from you lot.Well very soon i will be going awol.Don't worry about the news/jokes blackout i will be back.For security reasons i can't tell you anymore unless Mrs P says i can,so,,, i'll ask her.:becool:😎🐳:cold:🐬🐋🐬🐳

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Morrisons was out of 2 pints of milk so an afternoon sunny but very breezy afternoon trek to Aldi. Bag of salad leaves picked up to accompany chicken and chips for dinner.
Called in at the Co-op to use a 50p off Kenco voucher which was a very delayed transaction whilst the tills claimed price of £7.15 was adjusted to the shelf price of £4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom