Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
I have changed the inner tube on my marathon tyre on the roadside without the assistance of a passing gorilla or colourful language.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Don't know if there was some form of even going on, or if advantage was being taken of the weather to do the Downs Link which starts nearby, but there were quite a lot of gravel type bikes being ridden away from Guildford station this morning. Then South Western Railways decided to run less carriages than normal on the line to Waterloo so it was very cramped standing room only, as was the Tube to Stratford. Add in the heat and the need to get on the bike and go shopping when I got home and the end result was losing 30-40 minutes to an unexpected snooze late afternoon.

A late decision has been made to go to Snetterton on Sunday, even if only up to the (late) lunch break as it's an entertaining mixture of classics, Clatterhams and junior saloons.

tyred

Legendary Member
I had a nice day walking around a field full of ancient tractors.:becool:

Relaxing now and wondering why I've had three Facebook friend requests from Imelda May in the past couple of days. I suspect they're not genuine. 🤔

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've finished clearing the attic. SWMBO's stuff is down, plus some paintings/photos and kids items from when they were young.

SWMBO is taking her time to go through it all, mainly because it fills an entire room, but the pile has been gradually shrinking today. Some to recycling, some to the shredder and much more still to get through.

The paintings are part of my alternative pension and unfortunately at least one has got damaged whilst in storage.

classic33

Leg End Member
Don't know if there was some form of even going on, or if advantage was being taken of the weather to do the Downs Link which starts nearby, but there were quite a lot of gravel type bikes being ridden away from Guildford station this morning. Then South Western Railways decided to run less carriages than normal on the line to Waterloo so it was very cramped standing room only, as was the Tube to Stratford. Add in the heat and the need to get on the bike and go shopping when I got home and the end result was losing 30-40 minutes to an unexpected snooze late afternoon.

A late decision has been made to go to Snetterton on Sunday, even if only up to the (late) lunch break as it's an entertaining mixture of classics, Clatterhams and junior saloons.
I don't have one Clatterham, much less more than one.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I scored two old Timex watches and a Westclox 17 jewel watch from online auction today (under 10 USD). 2 wind-up and 1 automatic. Cheap watches but okay for a guy who winds his watch every 12 hours and checks it against exact time. Old habits die hard. I remember they even sold Timex watches at the news stand/bookstore/candy shop near our house. And at the Drug Store.

Top Bottom