Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a 3rd floor hotel room in warm and sunny Guildford. Coffee and a large cooked breakfast have just been had which I'll give half an hour to settle before taking a slow stroll alongside the river towards the rail station to start the journey home.

My arrival at and later departure from Ipswich station should be devoid of footballing types - the match kicks off at 12:30 and finishes at 14:30, I arrive at 13:35 and leave at 14:00.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
I have my favourite ring tone reinstated 😁😁😁

cookiemonster

Squire
😂

IMG_2136.jpeg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
:laugh: Sorry, but I am a weirdo that doesn’t actually like summer much so I love that nip in the air first thing and not overheating on my walk/jog/cycle as the case may be.

Good job you live in Scotland, your summers last about a week less than the week long summers we get down here.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not a good day as full of problems.
Went to the library but could not get any vehicle access due to scaffolding so decided to go for a walk since there was a blink of sunshine. It rained on me and turned very cold.
Fell asleep after lunch which I hate doing as I feel terrible for ages after waking.
Post not long been and brought another hospital appointment in Paisley on September 13th.
Doubt if son will be home to drive me so need to wait till Monday before trying to change the appointment and then fight the touroid hordes for a place on a ferry out and then back. If no bookable spaces which is likely the alternative is 160 mile drive plus the bottleneck of Corran ferry.
I could be faced also with the prospect of driving myself to Paisley and back which is verging on suicidal.
MOT is due on Monday so just something else to worry about.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, that's the bathroom spruced up. We had wallpaper on one wall (yes don't ask MrsF put it there) and it's not been the greatest idea, so MrsF has pulled it off and repainted the wall white - 2.5 walls tiled, 0.5 wall has mirror/cupboards on. Decided on a new loo roll holder, new glass shelf and a new mirror, oh and changed the lino floor.

Popped to B&Q, and what would you know, they had a glass shelf that had wall mounts that could be moved to accommodate the existing wall holes - bit shocked to see a sensible design. Old shelf was fitted to some large tiles which had been drilled, and I didn't want extra holes. Well blow me down, it fitted perfectly with no faffing.

Top Bottom