Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The making of the inventory continues. First time I've really been bored at work here.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a partly cloudy Suffolk where it's slightly cooler and less muggy than it has been. Looks like we had a decent bit of rain overnight.

Coffee has been had and I'm up and about slightly earlier than planned which will give time for a shower and a relaxed start to the day. Later on I'll be off to the local rail station for the first of a series of trains (plus a walk from Liverpool Street to Waterloo stations) down and across to Guildford where I'm seeing Coach Party at The Boileroom this evening.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry so far but set for gales later. Looks to be rain further south which may miss us a we often find this top corner of the island seems to miss some of the bad weather. Just looked out and it looks like the gales have arrived.
Electronics giving trouble.
The kindle charger seems to have given up but it can get charged on a lower rate by another gismo.

BT keep emailing and texting telling me I have not set up my new router. No idea what they are on about as I followed all the instructions when it arrived a while ago.
Tried phoning their alleged helpline but could get no sense out of it so given up meantime since everything seems to be working.
A neighbour works for Openreach so may try him for advice.

Ferries are in chaos due to an engine room fire on an outer isles ferry so our big ferry is off to take over that route.
The small ferry has extended hours and the first one off island now is 0530 which means checking in before 0500.
The Fishnish one is overloaded by those unable to get a booking from Craignure.
Good job I got home before all this happened and it is exacerbated by the infestation of touroid swelling the numbers.
Next will be wailing from this who came here hoping to make a killing by exploiting the hordes.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It's curious when you think about it: you're such a valued employee that they are paying you not to work...

True. But it's only an hour.

Maybe really valuable employees (employee of the year?) get a whole extra day off?

Note that the concept of working hours is a bit alien to me; yes, I'm contracted for 36/37/37.5 hours a week (tbh I've never checked in 23 years with my employer) but I'm on an annual hours teaching contract. The job gets done around that, however little/long it takes.

Mike_P

Guru
Ebay seller has refunded the price of the now wheelie bin resident 🐿️ baffle. Sainsburys for the third week have not offered cheap milk so a Co-op trek coming up to use for once their 20p off voucher.

True. But it's only an hour.

Maybe really valuable employees (employee of the year?) get a whole extra day off?

Note that the concept of working hours is a bit alien to me; yes, I'm contracted for 36/37/37.5 hours a week (tbh I've never checked in 23 years with my employer) but I'm on an annual hours teaching contract. The job gets done around that, however little/long it takes.

We have a contracted time and anything above/below that is recorded to be made up by the end of the year. I've just had several days off without losing any holiday time because I had so many overtime hours.

Top Bottom