Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
My brother had a Sunbeam (Imp?).
I had the Hillman version.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
That's another delay repay claim submitted thank to South Western Railway cancelling one train and the next running late. Only 50% back but every little helps.

All approaches to London seem to be filled with something called 'Swifties' wearing dresses covered in sequins, rhinestones or similar sparkly stuff, cowboy hats with fur trimmings and cowboy boots.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
That's another delay repay claim submitted thank to South Western Railway cancelling one train and the next running late. Only 50% back but every little helps.

All approaches to London seem to be filled with something called 'Swifties' wearing dresses covered in sequins, rhinestones or similar sparkly stuff, cowboy hats with fur trimmings and cowboy boots.

Might you be mistakenly going to the wrong concert? 🤔 😂

Screenshot_20240816-165335~2.png

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I had the Hillman version.

Traffic police af one time had two working in tandem on Loch Lomondside and they were known as Pinky and Perky ( cartoon pigs in case you did not know.)
This was because they were small enough to negotiate the summer weekend traffic jams.
There are stories about their extracurricular activities which are better not revealed.:whistle:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry day but windy and very cold when I went for a short walk.
Parking in the main car park is beyond a joke with camper vans parked against the traffic flow and blocking the roadway so close to the corners that motorhomes had great difficulty getting past.
Strangely got parked at the chemist to pick up some medication and the shop was jammed with touroid mostly standing around waiting on goodness knows what.
The usual drive back home with those who need several feet clearance either side to get past so we are left with a couple of inches. No problem as long as they adopt the usual freeze and do not start moving.

tyred

Legendary Member
Turned into a nice evening after all, albeit it a bit breezy. I did about 30 miles on the Galaxy. Feeling a lot better now. I think not riding during the week was the right thing to do do as I just wasn't properly recovered.

That bike really needs a Brooks saddle before it could be used for long rides. That is about the absolute limit that I could sit on that horrible plastic thing that came on it. No wonder the bike seems basically unused.

Preparing my pie and chips now.:hungry:

Top Bottom