Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Warm and vaguely sunny here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well. Friend had to pull out of our weekly walk, as she had to take a foster cat to a new home and was waiting for three more cats to arrive. So I have had a quiet morning puttering about in the garden instead. The grape vine has had a haircut (there is a nice crop on there now that I can actually see the fruit!) but I do need to get the stepladder out later to finish the bits I can't reach.

I plan on going foraging this afternoon. I want to check on a patch of blackberries I like to pick from, and I have noticed several rowan trees in the hedgerows in the same area. Rowan jelly is lovely with cold cuts and strong cheese, but it is a jelly that needs to be made now to use over the winter - freshly made rowan jelly is bitter, but that bitterness mellows significantly after keeping. However, there's nowhere nearby that's safe to lock up a bike, so I shall be taking the car, leaving it in the village, and walking the last stretch.

Anyways, it is almost time for luncheon.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Waiting for Amazon delivery so later lunchtime stroll will be done

"Apfelschorle" is common here, it's 50% apple juice and 50% fizzy mineral water, so it isn't that sweet.

I find fruit juices too sweet in general, so when I do have fruit juice I tend to cut it with water anyway. That actually makes for a very refreshing drink.

Usually I'm a tea, water and milk imbiber. I am not a fan of fizzy pop as they're either way too sweet, or vile, or both.

tyred

Legendary Member
Not mine, I live near an aquifer, so I have artesian well water. But the adjoining town drinks lake water, treated, but fish pee in it, birds poo in it, and boats for recreation are in it, then it travels through a 10 mile pipeline to get to the treatment plant. We won't even get into the fact that many homes in this area are served by lead pipes.

So it's healthier to drink beer rather than water.:okay:

Waiting for Amazon delivery so later lunchtime stroll will be done

likewise waiting for a delivery to my auto's body shop. getting an oops fixed but also adding a little something for fun. gotta get the timing right tho, before they finish up the repairs!

Slept well. Friend had to pull out of our weekly walk, as she had to take a foster cat to a new home and was waiting for three more cats to arrive.

finally got to give our new kitty a chin scratch. she was like "oh yeah, that's it" no photo, it was late at night. up until then she's been too erratic to even try. I think if she was in the wild, she'd be catching her own food now

Ripple

Veteran
After a trip to the pharmacy. Amount to make an old woman proud. ^_^
Ok, it's 2 months supply as per GP's request (I guess it will be a review after that).

20240814_170409.jpg

Top Bottom