Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
There seems to be something wrong with the GPS tracking on my Garmin watch. I've just got home from the walk to the shop and back which is normally about 3.5 miles and 7000ish steps. This time it's 4.1 miles and under 6800 steps with one bit that looks like I was doing a 5 pint walk home from the pub.

Edit: and the washing machine has just finished the spin cycle.

presta

Guru
Which cold drinks do people on here like in this hot weather? I am looking for suggestions.

Tap water, summer & winter.

Mike_P

Guru
Recycling collected on its correct day. Bit of a pear shaped morning. Into the office to find boss was WAH so back home to do a teams meeting on the laptop (which I had not taken with me). Then on the end of my paper list of things I wanted to discuss I noticed I had noted the need for to pick up some stationery from the office. So it was back to the office before doing the visits.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Lots of hidden and not so hidden sugar. Or worse still those weird, human made, sweetening chemicals

I avoid the sugar free, low calorie options, as I do not drink large quantities of these types of drinks.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Germans think I'm weird because I drink tap water.

Actually, now I think of it, people think I'm weird for a whole stack of reasons, but tap water is a German-Specific one.

Do you eat the skins on your jacket potatoes, or potatoes which have been cooked with the skin still on
them?

It is to be noted that international incidents can be the result of doing this, not me fortunately.

My father used to put milk and sugar on his lettuce.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The problem with drinking water is that fish pee in it!

Not mine, I live near an aquifer, so I have artesian well water. But the adjoining town drinks lake water, treated, but fish pee in it, birds poo in it, and boats for recreation are in it, then it travels through a 10 mile pipeline to get to the treatment plant. We won't even get into the fact that many homes in this area are served by lead pipes.

dicko

Guru

Attachments

• IMG_4034.jpeg
    IMG_4034.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4035.jpeg
    IMG_4035.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom