Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Isn't it good how they measure inflation?At the end of each year they press a button to zero it!
If we did the same with our cars mileometers we would all have low mileage vehicles! :angry:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not yet raining but looks ominous so while it is not windy it does not look like a triking day.
The only exciting thing to do today is sort out my medication and reorder whatever is needed.
The GP I spoke with yesterday wants to put me on iron tablets of some kind. Had something like that before and they were an absolute nuisance due to the precise timing specified so that did not last.
Ferries are in chaos so I got home just in time. The alternative is an 80 mile diversion on roads I never now use and Corran ferry which would normally cost £10 single but my Blue Badge gives me free travel.

Gwylan

Veteran
4 helicopters have been circling over our area for over an hour due to an armed person who ran away from a road rage incident, they ran off into the woods. um, hello ... can we go home now please? wtf?

Sorry, shouldn't snigger. Our area attracts, in order of frequency, the police helicopter, air accident and soldiers going to practice jumping into the water

Gwylan

Veteran
Which cold drinks do people on here like in this hot weather? I am looking for suggestions.

I have been drinking ginger ale (Schweppes) and lemonade (Asda). Also I try to drink plenty of chilled, not cold, water. Lots of fizzy drinks are too sweet for my liking.

Lots of hidden and not so hidden sugar. Or worse still those weird, human made, sweetening chemicals

Gwylan

Veteran
Isn't it good how they measure inflation?At the end of each year they press a button to zero it!
If we did the same with our cars mileometers we would all have low mileage vehicles! :angry:

Is that true?
There are all sorts of ways once you have the data.
When they start fiddling with contents of the sample that any comparisons and trends become more complex.

Been up an hour, but I was asleep before that. By some strange quirk of fate, I was also awake about seven hours before that.
Mornin' all.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where the skies are clearing after a grey start to the day. There was a little bit of drizzle late last night, but the plants will need proper watering this evening.

I was woken way too early and couldn't get back to sleep so just lay in bed for an hour listening to the radio. When I opened the curtains I found out what woke me - there's a partial ghost imprint of some sort of bird strike on the window.
I think a quiet day is in prospect after a second coffee - the bedding needs to be changed and a walk into town for some rolls will be the sum total of today's efforts.

During this hot weather I am wearing short jimjams with a long sleeved top. I can't understand how people can sleep naked. I find that I have to have a layer of material between my limbs or they overheat.
Is that true?
There are all sorts of ways once you have the data.
When they start fiddling with contents of the sample that any comparisons and trends become more complex.

Things that have gone up in price this year don't count the following year. It's like they zero everything.
Changing what they choose to use as a basis also messes things up. Caviar one day to spam the next.

During this hot weather I am wearing short jimjams with a long sleeved top. I can't understand how people can sleep naked. I find that I have to have a layer of material between my limbs or they overheat.

Things that have gone up in price this year don't count the following year. It's like they zero everything.
Changing what they choose to use as a basis also messes things up. Caviar one day to spam the next.

Can I do that for my income tax?

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Which cold drinks do people on here like in this hot weather? I am looking for suggestions.

I have been drinking ginger ale (Schweppes) and lemonade (Asda). Also I try to drink plenty of chilled, not cold, water. Lots of fizzy drinks are too sweet for my liking.

Indian tonic water?

I like the Schweppes, the sugar free Fever Tree was incredibly sweet, quite disgusting.

"Apfelschorle" is common here, it's 50% apple juice and 50% fizzy mineral water, so it isn't that sweet.

Top Bottom